It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:45 am

Free Newsletter

Woot! First time in 3 years!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Woot! First time in 3 years!

Postby Puffer » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi everyone!

Well after many 'attempts' lasting all of one or two days thanks largely due to the Calorie King software and also to the fatblaster ad of before and after pictures which is now taped in my cupboard I have lasted out an entire week and am 1kg lighter to show for it!

This is the first time I have lost weight through a conscience dieting effort since I managed to loose 10kg 3 years ago when I left school (only to put it all back on within 6 months through the disruption of moving to go to uni).

So woo bloody who and I am pretty damn pleased with myself! Not intending to let this effort go to waste :)

Here are some thoughts from my week:
*I always feel like eating immediately after dinner. I found a perfect way to combat this is to have a cup of tea. I have it with two sugars and a dash of milk - not the best way to have tea but 200kj of tea is better than 2000kj of desert! If I still feel like eating after the tea, I brush my teeth, because toothpaste makes everything taste like crap ;)
* I am going for 5500kj a day. I only managed to be under this one day of the week, but wasn't so far over on every other day. I record veges, fruit etc in calorie king to watch fibre etc. but never used to 'count' them when I did it on paper, otherwise I wouldnt eat them :p so I consider this ok
* I was aiming for exercise 3 times this week which didn't happen because I was meant to go today but got home unforseeably late and was tired because I had to work at 6am
* One day I had 7000kj. I have decided one day a week I will allow a 'splurge' day of under 7500kj - which is the 'safe' limit I set for myself to make sure that I don't actually gain weight on these days.

Sorry that was probably really boring but it is just so good to have some people to just get it all out too, because I am really excited but my boyfriend is sick of hearing me talk about my weight :roll:

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:44 pm

Hi PUffer

congrats mate! thats awesome! you can brag to us as much as you like, thats what we are here for. keep up the great work, it will all pay off in the end :)

Postby grugwashere » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:48 pm

congratulations, the first kilo is the sweetest i think because it proves to you that your diet is working, keep up the good work and like kate said we are here to listen to you congrats again :D
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:53 pm

Well done Puffer, makes it all feel worthwhile doesn't it.

Got a chuckle over 200kj of tea as opposed to 2000kj of desert. :lol: Know exactly how that sort of thinking goes being a calorie counter myself! I think the splurge idea is good. I have a treat dinner on Saturday and it's allowed to be whatever I want but is more often than not home cooked as I love my hubbys cooking.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Return to Weight loss Talk