It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:00 am

Free Newsletter

Dont you hate it when...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:24 am

Oh yes, people are sooooo helpful! I only get ppl every now and then trying to give me helpful 'tips' on how to progress at which point I switch off anyway. Luckily this doesn't happen often as I think they are realising if I am losing weight and they aren't then they have nothing to 'teach' me. I don't generally discuss my weight loss unless asked about it and if someone tells me they are on a such and such a plan I never put them down and only ever encourage coz if it works for them that's all that matters.

I have had lately though a bit of eye popping when ppl ask what my goal is. To be honest that is not hard and fast anyway just a guide as I will see how I feel as I get closer. Some have outright said you don't want to lose anymore (don't I?), others are saying not to get too skinny? What the...they obviously can't see the fat tummy! Where is the rest gonna come from...perhaps I should drop my daks and show them...that would make their eyes pop! :shock:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:13 am

haha that made me laugh kim. its right, people have never seen you naked so how do they know what you are and arent happy with? i also dont judge other peoples plans and programs, i think if it is making them happy and its making them healthier then i dont see a problem. also i know what its like to have people judge my plan and it makes you feel like an idiot. i think with losing weight i am gaining more confidence and self esteem which i am sure will improve as i get closer to my goal. i just need to learnt o keep my head up, do what makes me happy--

short term: right now i am happy watching myself shrink and clothes getting bigger. and the fact i have more energy and im trying different recipes ive never attempted before. i am in a better mood most the time and dont get as many migraines.

long term: ill be able to walk into a shop and buy the clothes i want. hope to look nice in a pair of jeans and not podgy. to run after heidi and not be breathless (that has imporved dramatically) and maybe add a couple of years onto my life instead of the risk of getting diabetes, heart disease and other ailments and illnesses which can be brought on by excessive weight.

i am getting there!! and if i dont reach my goal by xmas, ill just keep going until i do. when i get to 70kg i will evaluate whether or not i want to be in the 60's or not. :)

thanks for your motivating comments everyone
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:01 am

OH Kim you gives some great mental laughter pics mate!!! LOL
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:44 pm

:lol: Laughter is the best medicine.

Glad you spirits are up again Kate, stick with it mate. You will be there before you know it! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk