It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:19 am

Free Newsletter

Wishes for the New Me

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Wishes for the New Me

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:15 pm

Wishes for the New me (in no particular order)

1. to be able to wear singlet tops without being ashamed of my flabby tuck shop lady arms
2. to wear a skirt or shorts that are just above the knee without my legs looking like hams
3. to be able to have a bath to shave my legs and not feel squished in the bath tub
4. to have a gap between my thighs instead of them rubbing together all the time
5. to look in the mirror and count one chin not two
6. to wear fitted tops and not have back fat showing through
7. to not have to wear baggy shirts to cover my flabby tummy
8. for certain family members to comment on how well i look instead of how i look like a distant deceased family member ive never met and was apparently the size of a house and had a bad attitude
9. to be able to eat one square of chocolateand enjoy it instead of feeling bad about myself and gorging down a whole block
10. a happier and more contented censored life

and lastly to not be what i was like a week ago :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Garfield » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:09 pm

Those are some good wishes.
Number 4 depends on your body type, but hopefully you will get there. I'm not trying to be negative, but if you are really pear shaped with naturally big legs you can be a perfectly healthy weight and still not have a gap between your thighs. My bmi is about 23 and my legs still rub together. Not saying that you will have this problem... I really hope your wishes come true.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby SarahC » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:54 pm

I know what you mean about number 4! Even when I get down to 49kg (not sure of the BMI but it would be less than 19), tops of my thighs still rub together. I can't remember a time when they haven't!

Excellent wishes Kate. But guess what, don't just wish for it... demand it! Make it happen :wink:

If every week is an improvement on the last week, there's no way you can go wrong :D
SarahC

Postby KimE » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:31 am

I particularly like that last bit. To not be what I was like a week ago. Shows you are striving for improvement each week.

Best of luck to you Kate. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Leishkin » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:12 am

great list of wishes, I feel the same way :)

have you read 'the lazy girls' guide to losing weight and getting fit' by A.J rochester? I found she had some really good goal-setting things and reward ideas.
Leishkin

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:09 pm

thanks for the support guys. i thought by putting my 'wishes' down i can refer back to it if i have a rough day (which we all have sometimes!) feel free to add some of your wishes for when you have reached your goal. :)

i havent read the aj rochester book but i always read her articles in womans day. she is a pretty inspiring gal i reckon :)

i know i might not have a gap between my thighs (damn!) but if i lose some weight ill be able to see for sure!! plus ill probably feel more comfortable when walking and sitting etc :)

thanks guys!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Leishkin » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:59 pm

here are some of my wishes/wants:

I want to be curvy, not lumpy!
I want to be a size 12 for the first time... ever. (even a 14 would be fiiiiine with me, as I don't know if my build will really allow me to get to a size 12.)
I want to be able to wear dresses, and feel pretty in them
I want to be able to wear non-stretchy fabrics!!!
I want to not be puffed by the time I get to the top of my stairs in the afternoon (3 floors up!)
I want to be able to wear heels/normal shoes without my feet aching constantly
I too wish that my legs would stop rubbing together so badly that I won't wear a skirt if I know i'll be doing a bit of walking.
I want to be fitter and healthier than I've ever been :)
Leishkin

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:22 pm

Hi Leishkin

wow! :D they are very good wishes :) you'll be able to achieve them im sure! i can relate to pretty much all of them (cept the 3 flights of stairs!) but definately the high heels. the weight on my ankles is horrible when i wear them now.
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:39 pm

I don't think my thighs will ever not rub together. My sis is about 65-70kg (about 10-15kg lighter than me) and I'm pretty sure she still rubs at one point). But I am now pleased to say there is daylight shining through and I can't crush the bloke's hand any more!!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ally » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:42 pm

They are excellent wish lists Kate and Leish, I can add my name to just about all of those plus one of my own...

To get below 100kg for the first time in 13 1/2 years.

Oh that is terrible when I see that in print that I have been so out of condition and so HUGE for so long :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:06 pm

Oh ally

you can do it mate! i will help ya and so will all these other wonderful guys and gals. you have taken the right steps so far, its just sticking to it and having lots of wonderful support :)

oh and dawn, that was soooo funny. all i cna picture now is crushing hands etc etc etc. lol
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:32 pm

between crushing hands with thighs and Kim sexercise........oh what next!!!!! LOL :lol: :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Leishkin » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:36 am

hehehe.

I bet our guys wouldn't tempt us with pizza/chocolate so much if they knew what we had in store for them! :P

I would also like to add, for the sake of inspiring myself, and hopefully others:

I want to be more flexible
I want to go IN at the waist, not OUT!!! :)
I want my bra to stop cutting into me
I want to live a long, happy and more active life.
I want to look good in my wedding dress (should my partner EVER decide to propose!!) :D
Leishkin

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:38 am

Oh definately the wedding dress wish for me too. i am engaged, but we havent really set a date though :S i think i just keep putting it off because i dont want to look frumpy on my special day and because it will cost a bit of money. i want to wear a strapless gown but at the moment i wouldnt look very flattering in it. lol.
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk