It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:39 am

Free Newsletter

why won't my scales move..

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

why won't my scales move..

Postby sunshine » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:42 am

I am frustrated with my scales, they don't seem to want to budge from around 68.5. One day they will read that, the next it will be 68.2 and the next 68.6 etc etc. I have been walking everyday, two gym sessions last week as well, I am heading back to the gym today for a spin bike class - although I am feeling alot fitter the scales are not moving.

Could it be the little muffins or the wine I have been having? My little treats turn into something bigger, does this really make a big difference at the scales even if I have been exercising? Does every "little" bad thing count? Any ideas?

Re: why won't my scales move..

Postby chubbychecker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:10 pm

I"m going to answer this twice, I think you're joking about being frustrated with your scales and are actually frustrated with the lack of weight loss.

If you're worried that your scales are inaccurate, try weighing yourself on the gym scales at the same time of day 1 week apart and see if you have lost weight there.

If your frustration is because you are no longer losing weight then yes, I recommend that you eliminate muffins for a fortnight and limit wine to one glass per day or less and see if there's any improvement. I wish you could eat your muffins and drink your wine, but if your loss has stalled you should try a while without them.

I hope it goes well for you, and you can find a balance between eating the foods you like and maintaining your goal weight.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Re: why won't my scales move..

Postby Runner » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:13 pm

My scales were doing the same, only it was mostly up. I have been using calarie king and they have started to move now. Its amazing how fast your kilojoules can add up. I would come home from work and scoff sultanas thinking surely these won't hurt, but 100grams is like a packet of chips! over 1000kjs. It sure shocked me.

Return to Weight loss Talk