It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Water intake

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Water intake

Postby Ally » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:55 pm

Hi guys, I was reading on the forum a couple of days ago about the amount of water we drink (can't remember where it was so I am just posting here) and Dolly made comment about adding the salt and sugar to the water for the electrolyte balance. Just wanted to ask if we have to add that if we drink it spread out over the day?? I don't drink a lot in one hit (unless I am really thirsty) but mine is spread out over the whole day and night. Could this be the reason that I get light headed and dizzy at times as I drink anywhere between 2-3 per day??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:43 pm

Hi Ally, they say the average australian should drink approximately 2 litres per day in winter and 2 to 3 litres in summer (more if you're athletic or have a job that causes you to perspire) It's only if you're drinking excessive amounts of water that you'd need some power aid or just a little salt & sugar in your drinking water.

I personally think drinking water in small amounts throughout the day would be a lot healthier than glugging it down in large amounts.
If someone drinks water straight after eating a meal they could be flushing all the nutrients out of their system before their body has a chance to absorb them.
A lack of iron can cause dizzyness and tingling as can many other things. When my sister had fluid retention she had dizzy spells but had to cut her salt intake down.
If you get the dizzyness frequently please check with the doctor to make sure everythings okay.
Dolly

Postby Ally » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:22 pm

thanks Dolly will do 8)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Weight loss Talk