It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:10 am

Free Newsletter

Need motivation!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Need motivation!

Postby Mandie » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:02 am

I have a weird problem.

I have too much confidence, too much self esteem. I'm not sure where it all came from, but it's there. I'm quite good at rationalising about how appearance is NOT everything, and hey, I have some great attributes and there's parts of my body that I love.

Having said that, I know I need to lose weight to become healthier.

Buuut. I keep shopping! I keep finding great flattering tops/dresses (bought 2 wrap dresses in two weeks!)...

I'm getting poor!

And having new clothes inspires me NOT to lose weight, because I want to still fit them!

ALthough.. I know it will take months to be too skinny to wear these clothes, the good thing about wrap dresses is that they are so adjustable..

So anyways. Someone motivate me please!

I'm doing the City to Surf tomorrow.. hopefully that will kick off some exercise cravings to take over from the chocolate cravings!

Postby Dolly » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:07 am

Congrats for signing up with the city to surf, we'll be keen to hear how you do.

As far as the wrap dresses go, think of how happy you'll make someone when you pass the dresses on to them.
You will move down a size, you deserve to move down a size, you have to do this for your heart (also do it now so your skin will still have time to shrink, instead of it needing a skin tuck)

Postby KimE » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:37 pm

Hi Mandie

If you haven't already done this, write down the reasons you want to lose weight. Then when you are feeling like the weight loss doesn't matter you can re read them. Maybe stick them up at your computer of on the fridge so you are constantly reminded.

For the most part I could tell the world to go hang where my weight was concerned which is why it took so long for me to do anything. Photos were the big thing for me I would always just stare and them and think I am huge why doesn't anybody say anything. And realising no matter how many times I tried the BMI calculator it wasn't going to stop saying obese until I chose to do something about it! I have my reasons written out and I keep some earlier photos handy to remind me what I no longer want to look like and why I am putting in this effort.

Just some suggestions that may or may not work.

Good luck with the city to surf too. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:51 pm

Hi mandie :)

sorry i cant offer you much advice because im not a very confident person usually! perhaps put the money you are going to spend on clothes away and you can get yourself something special like jewellery when you have reached your goal :) hope the city to surf went well for you :) nice work!!!

Return to Weight loss Talk