It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:18 am

Free Newsletter

Advice on starting points? New poster here [+ Pics]

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Advice on starting points? New poster here [+ Pics]

Postby TS7 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:42 am

Hi Folks,

New poster here, and have had an intention of losing weight not only for a better tone/body, but for fitness also.
I'll break down some stats just to give you guys an idea of myself :)

censored: Male
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 96kg

I used to be athletic in school, but bad food habits and losing the active lifestyle (eg. being lazy lol) have lead me to put on a significant amount of weight.
Being a student still, I am very limited in funds, and have only walking at my disposal (when I work, I will visit the gym to pay the fees).

At present I do walk here and there, but I feel this has only toned the base of my body. I am quite happy with the bottom half of my body actually, although its somewhat stocky due to the angle of my camera:

A lot of my weight is being deposited to my stomach/gut/midregion, as shown below. My shoulders are fine, but below my chest its an utter embarassment:

I was wondering if you guys could offer any suggestions or tips as to how I can focus on my midregion with my exercise? When I walk I feel the effects on my calves and believe they are getting toned.

Thanks!
TS7

Re: Advice on starting points? New poster here [+ Pics]

Postby Gordz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:54 pm

suck your stomache in when you walk, and if you can try and tense each oblique as you step
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Return to Weight loss Talk