It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:45 am

Free Newsletter

WHY ARENT I LOSING

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

WHY ARENT I LOSING

Postby grugwashere » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:17 pm

why am i not losing weight, i just keep going up and down on the scales... the first two weeks of my diet i lost almost 5 kilos but now i suck... its been another week and a half and nothing... this sucks big time... i was so happy with my weight loss and now... now i suck.. i mean i slipped uppa few times but not majorly and the excercise even when i dont want to do it i do... :( this is evil
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Ally » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:30 pm

Hiya, have you looked at portion sizes etc??? You may be letting just a little bit sneak in that you are unaware of? Make sure that if you have a slice of bread that it is the correct weight for a serving and things like that. I know that when I was on WW a few years back I had ups and downs like that and we could not figure it out, and it turns out I was having too much cereal (I got lazy and didn't weigh it out!!)and the bread that I was eating was 1 1/2 serves instead of 1, so it made a huge difference.

I hope this is a help to you,
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:28 pm

Maybe too much salt or not enough water?
Dolly

Postby KimE » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:09 am

Definitely look at your diet and make sure things aren't creeping up or creeping in....hope that makes sense.

Exercise also assists with weight loss when done regularly providing you get the heart and lungs working, adding strength/weight training adds another layer and can assist with weight loss albeit indirectly.

Not sure if you calorie count but knowing how much you need and what you are actually having can help. I know calorie counting isn’t for everyone as it seems like a lot of work but it’s another thing you can do. Calorieking.com.au has a search engine for foods and brands giving the cals and other nutritional content of food. You don’t have to buy the software you can use their search engine without it.

If you feel your nutrition and exercise can’t be improved perhaps your body has gotten used to what you are doing and you need to change something. Different exercises, exercising at different times of the day, eating more food, eating less food. It really depends on exactly where you are at as to where you can go to get back to losing weight.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Hayley » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:22 pm

Maybe your protein sizes are too big?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby louise » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:20 pm

its also good to chart your body fat, and measurements, because your weight might stay the same or go up, but you might be losing body fat, especially if your doing any weights training? I found this myself, that my weight has stayed the same for a few weeks, but my body fat has dropped as have my measurements. if you rely too heavily on the scales it can be disheartening and also be aware that our weight flutuates throughout the day and month too, so don't weigh yourself all the time, because it can make you sad! i try to resist the desire to get on the scales any more than once or twice in a fortnight. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
louise

Postby KimE » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:05 pm

Whatever you try Joan make sure you DON'T do this one thing...

Don't give up....we're here for you. You've made progess, you can again. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:10 pm

yeah! keep up the great work joan. i will no doubt get to the stage where i am not losing for some reason, so im glad you asked! and thanks for all the replies to the post because it is something for me to keep i mind :)

keep your chin up :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk