It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Reductil stopped working after 1 week!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Reductil stopped working after 1 week!!

Postby leonie86 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Ok so I got prescribed Reductil 10mg by my doctor. She gave me a weeks worth for a sample and it worked really well. Ofcourse I did feel like I was on speed, had some pressure on the heart, dry mouth, no appetite, insomnia etc. Anyway so then I go and pay $150 for 2 months work and in the second week I can barely feel anything at all! I know it stops working after a few months but surely I can't be getting used to it already? Has anyone else encountered this problem? I can't even afford to go back to the doctor, let alone go and buy more 15 mg if that's the case!

What is everyone elses experiences??

Re: Reductil stopped working after 1 week!!

Postby onthedecrease » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:01 pm

If you had those kinds of side effects then I would say its a good thing "theve stopped working" and would stop taking them all together but thats just me.

Re: Reductil stopped working after 1 week!!

Postby pobox867 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:16 pm

This is my opinion as I used to be a Reductil user:
In my experience, it didn't stop working, the side effects stopped being so bad, your appetite will be smaller. Its excellent that the side effects subsided after only one week and if you keep using it, it'll do its job. I've put another post about reductil in another 'Reductil' section for more info if you want. Try this! go off it and you'll be starving. As I've said on here before it will only work effectively if you're doing exercise combined with a low fat, low calorie diet. Reductil won't work if you're still able to over-eat (that is, eat bigger meals than your body needs). Especially fatty foods (you can't expect it to work if you're eating fish and chips etc).

I hope that information helps .. please know I wasn't suggesting you're overeating fatty foods etc, I'm just relaying how it worked for me.
Good luck x
PS After a few months, I went to 15mg and halved it (which was very messy) so I was having about 7mg each morning. This cut my costs :)

Return to Weight loss Talk