It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Which plan are you following?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Which plan are you following?

Postby chubbybubby » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:07 pm

Im sure that this has been asked before, but I was just wondering, what plans are you all following to lose weight? (lol sorry if it has!) This week, I am trying to just approach each meal with a healthy attitude, and Im just trying to be sensible and eat lots of fruit and veg, drink water, etc. If I dont get much results this week, then I think next week I will start counting kjs :P

So, yeah, which plan are you following? Has it been effective for you?

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:44 pm

hi chubbybubby :)

i am just following something similar to you. i have cut out all softdrink and junk food. i have also limited my carbs like breads and cereals and spuds because i was finding they made me bloated so i dont have them as often now. im also eating fruit and salads for lunch. i also cut my portion sizes down at dinner. i used to cook cheesy pastas and stuff but i havent cooked them in a few weeks. i also walk an hour a day and do half an hour of dancing/aerobics in my lounge room in the afternoons. i think for me, the main think was changing my habits and mindset and lifestyle. i have been drinking 2 litres of water a day too.

being a sahm i found i was always reaching for junk food snacks in between nappy changes, feeds, baths, and play time :)

Postby KimE » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:42 pm

I started on light n easy and went off at the end of July, I attribute 18 of my kgs lost to that plan.

Now I watch my portion sizes, eat plenty of veges and pulses, low fat dairy, wholemeal bread and pasta and brown rice, fresh and dried fruit and nuts. Lean meat, fish where I can, usually salmon or tuna. Plenty of water and exercise regularly. I am a calorie counter which works for me but isn't for everyone.

I try to keep high fatty, high refined sugar foods to a minimum and do have saturday night 'off' so to speak where get to have any 'naughty' foods I have a hankering for.
Last edited by KimE on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Puffer » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:00 pm

I use calorie king to count kilojoules. I also use it to count other nutrients (like fibre and calcium) and make sure the energy I eat comes is in the right proportion of carbs (10.9%), protein (5.4%) and fat (7.6%) (these are the values recomended by the program)

I work on 5500kj a day (but usually go over), 45g fat, and at the moment I am aiming to exercise 3x 45minutes a week, hopefully I will be able to motivate myself to lift this to 5 times eventually.

As for results - in my first week I lost 1kg averaging 6300kj (thats what I ate minus kj burned through exercise), in the second week I averaged 6428kj and lost 0.5kg (although not 100% on the actual weight because I have everyday scales and can only kinda guess). I am a few days into my third week and have lost 0.5kg so far this week.

I really like this way of dieting. Counting is easy using the software (and also kinda fun) and I can really see a direct link between how disiplined I am and the results (which is a great motivator!).

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:01 pm

Hey there I follow the Weigh Less Naturally program there is no gimmicks, just sensible healthy eating. (i lost 30kgs and then completely lost focus and piled it ALL back on) am back this time with a completely different attitude. I keep telling myself that I am not on a diet (if you are on something, then you are bound to fall off) but rather I am changing my eating habits for life.

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:12 pm

I've recently put my ticker graph back to the beginning to start off with the Tony Ferguson program. On Tuesday I will have been on the program for one week. link

Postby Hayley » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:41 am

I've been following the Tony Ferguson plan (like Dolly), for 9 weeks no and have lost 12.2kg whilst on that program. It's a meal replacement for 2x meals and one meal with weighed protein and vegetable portions.

Postby Leishkin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:44 am

yeah, I'm kinda doing a 'DIY' plan myself, too. Just eating low fat/lite/low-carb everything, eating more veg, fruit, etc. Also - I'm having snacks between meals to keep my metabolism going, and I notice that doing that, I do get hungry more often than I used to, but can be filled up by much smaller portions, which is very good.

My partner and I are also trying to do smaller dinner meals, rather than what we usually end up doing, which is eating less during the day, and eating more at night, for dinner. This is also good because it means I'm getting leftovers to take to work for lunches, and thus, eating more substantial meals in the middle of the day, which helps keep my energy up.

Exercise wise, I'm not doing much yet, as I am just plain BAD at I'm thinking of buying some aerobics/dancing type dvds to do at home of an evening, rather than just crashing out on the couch, or getting off the train a stop early and walking the extra 10-15 mins or so then.

I also find that making a HUGE fruit salad on a sunday night is great, as it's something you can take to work and nibble at that's healthy AND delicious. mmm. I'm eating some now! :)

Postby fattychops » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:07 am

Im doing Jenny Craig.

Its great for us (hubby is on it too, tho NOT for weight loss).

Our main issue with food is knowing how to fit all the right foods into our day. For example, we would have a roll or pasty for lunch, and then take away for dinner and some snacks after that. Time is also an issue with us.

Now we eat heaps more but its all fruit and veg and the good stuff.

I also see it as a good way of getting healthy and trying to aviod some of the problems i had with my pregnancy.... we plan to try for another bub next year. This is my main concern, and i feel that this is the reason im so happy and content with what im doing.

Different things work for different people, for different reasons. I do think the motivation has a huge part to play. Going on a diet to look better was never enough for me. I dont know why tho. I do love the complements im getting even after only being 4kg down so far. go figure! :roll:

Return to Weight loss Talk