It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:33 am

Free Newsletter

Food Diary advice

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Food Diary advice

Postby Rochelle » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:24 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first diary for the day.

Breakfast: nothing

Morning Tea: 2x crusket with butter and jam

Lunch: 4x toast butter, jam and cheese

Afternoon Tea: same as morning tea

Dinner: Red Rooster: Hawaiian pack

Desert: 1/2 chocolite cheese cake

Drinks: 4x coffee, 1 tsp sugar and skim milk
1ltr water

Super: fruit.

What can I do to change?
Rochelle

Postby Fairie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:23 am

Hi Rochelle,

You could try some salad with a protien source or a small pasta with some veg and beef or chicken, some crusckits with ham and tomatoe, cucumber lettece etc. My favorite is 3 cruskits with tomatoe, cucumber, mushroom, topped with low fat cheese and put in the microwave for 10 - 20 second to melt the cheese or under the grill.

Try some fruit for your afternoon snack

For Dinner you could try some chicken breast with a salad or in a stirfry with veggies instead of a Red Rooster Hawaian Pack, you could nut a little pineapple (in natural juice) in the stirfry.

There are some nice packets of stirfry in the freezer section if time is a factor just look at the sugar and content

I'm not that keen on stirfries, this weather I love either chicken or red meat slow cooked with heaps of veggies, the old fashion stew.

For Desert I would try some fruit and yoghurt or some fruit and jelly, if you have desert I would leave off having supper.

Substitue a couple of coffee's with some Tea and try to wean of the sugar if you can.

Hope you can get a few idea's from this :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:43 am

Goodmorning Rochelle, I agree with Fairie,
It seems to me that perhaps you aren't allowing yourself enough nutrients in the day (with the exception of that Supper)

Whilst the cruskets are low in calories they are dead nutrients (just over processed space fillers)
And that Red Rooster dinner would contain a day and a half worths of fat grams and calories alone.

If your not into eating first thing in the morning, just indulge in a late breakfast around 10am (having all your meals a couple of hours later than usual can prevent night snacking)

A healthier meal plan for you to follow might be the Doctor Phil diet method. where you only eat 3 times per day (eating as much as you want until you are full) each meal on your plate has to have equal size portions of
1. plant life (from fruit and vege) raw is best but not essential.
2. starch (from bread, porridge, pasta, rice, cruskets, muffins etc.)
3. protein (from fish, cheese, eggs, chicken, meat, yoghurt, or a handful of nuts)
and drink 6-8 glasses of water (that doesn't include any tea's or coffee's you may drink)
Try to keep your fibre high, and fats and sugars low.

Fruits & Vegetables are there to nourish your body with antioxidants so you don't get diseases they also add lots of fibre to your diet so you wont get bowel cancer.
Vitamin A, found in Fish, eggs and carrots, promote eye cell health.
Vitamin B12, helps maintain healthy nerve cells and blood cells.
Protein, is your body repair kit, and is also needed to have healthy hair (a naturopath once said to me, "you are made out of protein so eat protein")
Whole grains (Barley, Brown rice, Buckwheat, Bulgur (cracked wheat) Millet, Oatmeal, Popcorn, Whole-wheat bread, pasta or crackers, Wild rice)
rather than refined grains (Corn flakes, Couscous, Enriched macaroni or spaghetti, Grits, Pretzels, White bread, White rice)
are a rich source of niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
Eating whole grains (amongst many things) will also lower your risk of diabetes and heart disease.

Dolly
Dolly

Return to Weight loss Talk