It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Free Newsletter

LOW CALORIE COOK BOOKS- for your info.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

LOW CALORIE COOK BOOKS- for your info.

Postby Hayley » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:31 pm

Hi everyone,

My friend came over yesterday and was telling me about some cook book she'd bought from her local newsagency. They contain recipes for low calorie yummy every-day meals, that the whole family would love. They're called 'Symply too good to be true'.

They cost her $11.95 each, which is pretty good for a cook book with colour pictures. The series has 4 books at the moment, with a 5th book due out in October. You can also order them online through their official website.

She was telling me that they were written by an overweight woman who altered recipes to make them low calorie, and lost a tremendous amount of weight by doing so. She was so successful in her own weightloss with these recipes, that she put them into cook books to sell to the public.

Take a look at the site http://www.symplytoogood.com.au

It has a great deal of information on her success story as well as the books and how to order them.

Just thought you may want to have a look, as they'd be great for the whole family and are better for you.

Hayley xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Hayley » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:02 pm

Hi again,

Has anyone had a look at the site yet? Just wanted to know and was curious about what you think.

H xx
Hayley

Postby KimE » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:15 pm

Hi Hayley thanks for posting that.

I have had a look and they are certainly very interesting with some yummy sounding foods. At some point I might get a recipe book. As I only cook for myself I am kinda lazy and if I can't be bothered then baked beans on toast just may end up on the menu. I always manage to keep it healthy and balanced and to be honest I haven't had baked beans on toast...yet!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:53 pm

i think i was browsing on this forum in the recipe section and found someone ages ago mentioned those books too. apparently theyre pretty good and worth the $11 or however much they are. im a fussy eater so will have to see if there is anything not gourmet. why is that heaps of healthy recipes are gourmet?
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:38 pm

The sticky date pudding recipe that Ally posted in the healthy eating thread is from Book 2.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:48 pm

Hi Hayley, I have all four of Annette's books and they are great. The only thing I watch with them is the amount of sugar in some of the recipes (as she works on a fat counting basis, the sugar tends to be a bit calorific!) But in general they are great recipes and well worth the money for the books, I would recommend them.

Annette Sym, started out with Weight Watchers and then adapted her recipes herself and thus, her cook books became a success. Yep the sticky date pudd recipe came from her book 2.

Kate, the recipes in the books aren't gourmet. A lot of them are easy to prepare and they freeze well. There are a handful of some more involved cooking, but in general they are easy. The ingredients are readily available too, which is what I liked about them.

Just take note that in all of her recipes, a 15ml tablespoon is used not a 20ml tablespoon. It might not sound a lot of difference, but it is in these recipes!!

Happy baking!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Ally » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:54 pm

just a quick couple of add ons guys (sorry to be a bore!!)

They are a lot of low fat cakes and slices in her books too which are just absolutely yummy. It is good to know that you can whip up these things and as long as you stick to the appropriate serving that you are still able to indulge, but knowing that it is healthy!! Her wicked chocolate cake is devine!!

Also I think they have gone up to $12.95, but it is still a cheap cook book, that is beneficial to our health!! :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Hayley » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:04 am

Thanks Ally,

They do sound good. I'm encouraging my mum to buy them, as she's just recently joined Curves and also wants to change her eating habits.

Mmmmmmm, wicked chocolate cake - that sounds yummo!!!
Hayley

Postby slimmindown » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:04 pm

Thanks for the tips guys , I love looking in recipe books ,especially healthy ones. cooking is very therapeutic for me. I enjoy eating a meal I have prepared as I know exactly what has gone into it and what my portions are. :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby slimmindown » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:57 pm

Well I went out and bought the first three books in the series today.
It took a bit to find them,but finally did at a newsagent in a close by suburb.

They look absolutely fantastic, I love the variety of the recipes definetly something I will be using a lot. I'm about to sit down and work out a shopping list for the rest of the week, from my fav recipes. :D

Thanks heaps for the tip Hayley....................... :) :) :) :) :)
slimmindown

Postby Hayley » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:06 pm

no worries!! :D :D

Let us know if you find a favourite recipe. Hope it goes well!
Hayley

hi guys

Postby lackofenergy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:39 pm

hi hayley,

just interested to know what curves is? you mentioned your mum is going there, I assume it's a weightloss :lol: :lol: program of some kind. :lol:
lackofenergy

Postby Hayley » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:35 pm

Curves is a gym for women only and it involves a 30 minute circuit class. Mum enjoys it and says she doesn't feel selfconcious going in there 'cos there are no 'skinny ultra fit women' going there, instead the members vary in size, fitness level and age.
Hayley

Postby slimmindown » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:12 pm

I cooked the lamb curry from book 1 tonight, yummo :D

Cant wait to try some more, the curry laksa will be next. I love the variety of these books. The testimonies from people who have lost weight in each book is truley inspiring 8)
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:46 pm

I searched on ebay for them and they have them very cheap if anyone is interested :)
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk