It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Acai berry

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Acai berry

Postby yummy_mummy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:02 am

Does any one know if Acai Berry interferes with birth control pill?? I have been trying to find out but I cannot find information about this anywhere/
yummy_mummy

Postby sarahm » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:42 pm

hi-my ten cents worth here. carley you are probably experiencing a strong 'placebo' effect from the acai berry-meaning you have fooled your body into believing you can lose more weight. either way it doesnt matter-cause its WORKING!!! we all know there is NO magic pill potion berry or otherwise that gets the weight off...but the placebo effect is scientifically documented. lucky you carley-great result!
sarahm

Postby Carley » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:51 pm

sarahm wrote:hi-my ten cents worth here. carley you are probably experiencing a strong 'placebo' effect from the acai berry-meaning you have fooled your body into believing you can lose more weight. either way it doesnt matter-cause its WORKING!!! we all know there is NO magic pill potion berry or otherwise that gets the weight off...but the placebo effect is scientifically documented. lucky you carley-great result!

Thank you. At the moment I will take what I can get. I knew my body was in plateau mode (fun, not) and maybe this has helped break it? Even for that I'm grateful for!!!
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby court » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:13 pm

*rummages in bag for a placebo* haha :D :D
court

Postby ybuddha » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 am

Let me know how you go with this, I'm very interested. Also for the sake of consistency are you weighing yourself at the same time each day? I generally prefer to do it first thing in the morning before breakfast, as it means there are no variables with meals etc.

I've previously used a liquid Acai berry drink, but it wasnt for weight loss, purely nutrional. I've got to say that at the time, 4 or 5 years ago now, I loved taking because after a few weeks it gave me a massive energy boost and just a general feeling of well being. But the stuff I tried cost an arm and a leg and I didnt stay on it.

Good luck!
Last edited by Shalimar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed.
ybuddha

Postby Carley » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:23 am

ybuddha wrote:Let me know how you go with this, I'm very interested. Also for the sake of consistency are you weighing yourself at the same time each day? I generally prefer to do it first thing in the morning before breakfast, as it means there are no variables with meals etc.

I've previously used a liquid Acai berry drink, but it wasnt for weight loss, purely nutrional. I've got to say that at the time, 4 or 5 years ago now, I loved taking because after a few weeks it gave me a massive energy boost and just a general feeling of well being. But the stuff I tried cost an arm and a leg and I didnt stay on it.

Good luck!

I weigh myself around the same time every morning, I'm really good at that! :lol:
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby lynnem63 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Hi, i know the last post for this subject was in Feb, but i'd like to add my two bob's worth. I've been on acai berry and colon cleanse pills for 4 weeks (waiting for the miracles) I have not lost anything, nor gained anything and feel absolutely no different. I'm sure now that i'm taking capsules with harmless placebo stuff. It was worth a try, but i wouldn't waste my money again, but if you do want to try it, get it from a health food shop or somewhere! DO NOT BUY IT FROM THE FREE TRIALS OFFERED! I WAS SUCKED IN!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
lynnem63

Postby lynnem63 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:28 pm

Actually, sorry, i read the last post dates wrong! Cheers!
lynnem63

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk