It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:47 am

Free Newsletter

The Rain!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

The Rain!!

Postby fattychops » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:18 pm

Well yay for the rain.... but its put me off. I go for a walk as my exercise. I dont go to the gym or anything (have a little one) so now what will i do?

What exercise do you all do when its raining??
fattychops

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:20 pm

i guess those dvds are good for rainy days (or very hot days) so you can exercise at home. what i do every afternoon is pop on some music and dance around the lounge room and so sit ups and push ups etc. i have the added enjoyment of heidi joining in lol. she tries to help- she really does lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby fattychops » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:23 pm

Oh Kate, i bet she is a great little helper! hehehe

Ok, well i forgot about my DVDs so i might get them out is spose. Im SOOOO lazy. Going for a walk for an hour is so much easier than doing the darn DVD's :roll:
fattychops

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:52 pm

i know... i love to walk too. its spose 2 rain here 4 three days damn!!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:12 pm

As a self-confessed excercise junky, I walk even though it's raining. I just have to go out walking every lunchtime, as I will not make it to the end of the work day, 5pm.

Today was pouring with rain and I couldn't go out anyway as I had a lunchtime seminar... so I just nicked out at 3:30pm when it stopped raining (don't tell anyone!!). Usually, I just grab my umbrella and take off (sometimes literally if it is windy!). It's like when you see smokers standing out in the rain to have a smoke.., they'll do anything to get that cigarette, even if it means getting rained on :lol:

So, I can highly recommend getting on the wet weather gear and taking the rain head on :twisted:

Apart from that, when I'm home, I have my treadmill and cross trainer at home, or else I go to the gym...
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:14 pm

aw gawd can imagine me walking down the street pushing a pram in the rain?! haha pmsl

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

plus we dont have any wet weather gear. much prefer to walk in the sunshine :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:39 pm

I'm like you Sarah, unless it is really raining hard, I will still go for a walk or else walk to the gym where it is warm. Today I gave blood which was around the time I normally go for my lunchtime walk so I missed out. I have plenty of exercise DVDs at home in the event no exercise is done during the day. Initially I used the Tae Bo DVD as a threat so that I would do exercise during the day. Basically if I didn't do anything I HAD to do Tae Bo when I got home. Oh yeah, the first few times I thought I was gonna kark it, and I thought it was gonna be fun!! :lol: Now I find it easier although it still gets a sweat up! Also have, stretching, yoga and pilates depending on my mood. Wouldn't mind some kind of dancing one too.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Puffer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:06 pm

I love getting out of the house and going for a walk, but according to calorie king software it doesn't burn many kj. A 'brisk walk - walking for exercise' (5.5ks) burns 850kj for 45 minutes, but doing aerobics (I do it from a DVD) burns 1500kj for 45 minutes.

I am really keen to dig my GPS out and see if I do actually walk at 5.5ks or if it is faster/slower.
Puffer

Postby KimE » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:38 pm

I know how you feel about the kms monitoring Puffer as I wasn't sure myself. I used the treadmill at the gym to gauge how fast I walk. I also use pretty much the same music when I walk or workout at the gym so now I know the kms of some of my songs if that makes sense. This is all based on the treadmills giving me accurate kms/hr readings of course. But that's all I've got to go off. Oh and timing how long it takes me to walk a course when I know how many kms it is. I can then work out how many kms/hr I am walking.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:00 pm

Only if it's really pissing down will I not ride to work when I planned to. That's only happened a couple of times. I can only remember twice, even on 'rainy' days that I actually got more wet from rain than from sweat.

That said, if it was one of those torrential downpour weeks, I would probably break out the pilates video.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Weight loss Talk