It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Free Newsletter

To keep on going or to give up????

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

To keep on going or to give up????

Postby Hayleyd » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:51 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have been away for a little while...no where exotic just havent been posting on this site :lol:
Well I feel like such a looser...........How many times have I come back and how many times have I said I was ging to diet,going to stick to it and going to succeed????!!!!!
I joined the gym..quit the gym because I was never getting there-would drive past it though :wink:
This is my dilemma.
At home my husband sees me changing diet after diet loosing a little and he is sick of it.At work they see it but dont say anything too me.WHy cant I just do it!!!!
The past couple of weeks I got back on TF but I love food too much.My 3 1/2 year old got so excited one night at tea and said "Mummy your having what we are having!!!"
So here I am again.About to tell you all I am beginning a new diet and this time I will succeed.....Do you all believe it or do you think Oh heres Hayley again bla bla bla bla
On Saturday I am going to Weight Watchers-been there twice before :) I will update my ticker then.
I want to loose 10kgs by my sons birthday wich is November 10th.
Please guys I need your help..again

Thanks
HayleyD

Ps-Hayley I have been reading about your TF success and im so happy for you.Great work!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:09 pm

Hi hayley welcome back. no one is here to judge you, we are all here to support one another. if you believe that you are ready to make a change to become a healthier and happier you then you are on the right track :) keep your chin up and im looking forward to reading of your success. you can do it mate :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:24 pm

Hello HayleyD and welcome back it is lovely to see/read you again. :D

Do you all believe it or do you think Oh heres Hayley again bla bla bla bla

I sure as anything do not think this about you or anyone else. As far as I am concerned each moment is a new one in which we can make our decision anew from that point. The past means nothing in relation to this only what you are doing now and the choices you take in each new moment that get you towards your goal. Be single minded, believe in your success and don't take no or I can't do it for an answer. You can do it! :D It will take effort, it will take time but each good choice takes you a step closer.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Leishkin » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:26 pm

welcome back!

I too have been yo-yoing since I was about 12 or so, on diet after diet. I think the main thing is, you just have to finally take that big step and adjust everything about your eating habits.

If I were you I would'nt torture myself by eating different things to my family, I would get them eating healthier too (as it's never too early, if you ask me!) it doesn't have to be unhealthy to be yummy!!

good look hayley :) I'm sure you can do it this time!
Leishkin

Postby fattychops » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:10 pm

I wouldnt worry about the past.

Im sure most of us here have been on a number of diets before!!

I know I have!

Everyone here is here for the same reason, so dont feel judged!

Good luck and i look forward to hear how you are going :)
fattychops

Postby Puffer » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:17 pm

Hayley have you tried counting kilojoules rather that following 'someone else's' diet? I find this easiest for me because I can eat anything I want! You soon train yourself not to want certain things in the past because kilojoule wise 'they just arn't worth it'. You know what? Sometimes I would rather eat a chocolate bar for lunch than a sandwich, and thats ok by my diet!

I also prepare the meals at our house, which means I choose what my boyfriend eats for dinner, so we always eat the same thing. I cut out the carbs (potatoes, pasta, rice) from our meals and usually just have 125g of meat (prepared in a really nice way) and fresh steamed vegies - they are so good even my bf eats them all. Tonight I am having a 250g steak and potato bake for dinner.

I count kilojoules using Calore King software. It makes everything so easy and also counts things other than calories, like calcium, protein carbs etc. It really teaches you to balance what you are eating with the right portion of carbs/protein/fat. It also calculates roughly how many kj you burn when you exercise.

My other recomendation would be to buy yourself a book on GI (glycemic index) or read about it on the web. By making a few easy switches (white rice to basmati for example) you can make yourself get hungry less often and if you really get into watching GI it can be used to control cravings!

PS Hayley - I have been going on diets for the past 3 years and have never managed to stick to it until I found the software. I know I sound like a salesperson, I dont get anything out of it, I just think it's awesome and I am really excited I am starting my 4th week of my diet and I have stuck to it so far!
Puffer

Postby slimmindown » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:11 pm

You just need to find what works for you Hayley, dont give up.

I count weight watchers points,I'm pretty good at doing it in my head now :lol: . This means I can have whatever I like, as long as I dont go over.

tonight I'm having silverside and vegies,last night I had flathead fillets and home made wedges,cooked in the oven. I am continuing to loose weight, because I am changing my lifestyle and cutting out fatty foods and snacks.

I find this the easiest because I eat what everyone else is eating, just in moderation and portion sizes. I found it to hard to try and stick to a "diet".

It might take me longer than some diets, but I have been going strong for 3 1/2 months now and know it is for good.

once you find what works for you, it might not be a quick fix, but in the long run it will work, I'm sure :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:14 am

I agree with the kilojoule counting idea! I have been doing this for as long as I can remember... it has to be at least 7 years, possibly longer :shock:

I just buy regular excercise books and use one page per day. At the start I used a little calorie counter book to help estimate the kilojules, but now I don't use anything at all as I'm pretty familiar with how many kilojoules are in different foods. Sometimes I check up on the internet if I'm not sure...

I also write down the time that I eat things as well, as that's important for maintaining steady blood sugar throughout the day.

It's a great method as it keeps you honest, and prevents the feelings of deprivation that you can get if you're on a restrictive diet. Just make sure your meals are balanced and you're getting all the nutrition your body needs... I wouldn't recommend having a chocolate bar for dinner though :lol:

I think you have got to make a solid commitment to yourself, and then have the strength of character to stick with it...
"Character is the ability to follow through on a commitment, long after the emotion of making that commitment has passed" - Chris Sorensen
Sit and write out all the reasons why you want to lose weight. Write out as many as you can think of. Then read your paper every day to remind yourself. This works really well, if you read it regularly... says me, whose list is buried away in a cupboard in my kitchen (I'm digging it out again tonight to have another review!)

Oh and make your family eat the same as you for dinner. If you're the one cooking it, then you should get to decide what you're going to make! If they don't like it, tell them to make their own :D
SarahC

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:56 pm

Are you the sort of person who goes "all or nothing"? If so, maybe you are going too hard at it too early on, burning out all your willpower then realising you are trying to do something that you aren't able to maintain for a long time. That's why for me, the 'package' diets don't work. I need to have something that is no different from normal living, it's just healthy.

Maybe you need to sit down for an hour and think hard about why it was that you gave up so many times. You can't change what you don't know about - there might be a pattern there that you can find a way to change once you know about it.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Hayleyd » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:28 pm

Hi everyone and thank you all so much for your messages.After ready everyones and lastly butterfly dawns I have realised that I have failed before because I wasnt able to eat normal foods.
Now on Weight Watchers I can.
I went today and hows this...had to weigh with shoes on and my shoes weighed 900g-nearly a kilo!!! They dont bother to take that off your weight but I have on my ticker!!!Trick is I need to know wear the same shoes each time-ugg boots and although today was cold,weather is getting warmer!!!!!
Again thank you to all.I am busy ready up and devising a plan of eating attack.I like routine so I'm just trying to develop something that is easy and that I can stick to.
I'm going to give it my best go and I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks
Hayley
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:02 pm

Hi hayley

damn uggers!!! i bet you wish you had worn a pair of rubber thongs haha. keep your chin up mate, i hope weight watchers is working well for you this time around and keep in touch with your progress!!!
we're cheering for ya! 8) 8) 8) 8)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:29 pm

One of my mum's friends is doing weight watchers. She makes a really yummy fruit cake, that is a weight watchers recipe. She just eats that whenever she is wanting something sweet.
You must get the recipe book and make that one as it is extremely delicious :D
Good luck!
SarahC

Return to Weight loss Talk