It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:25 am

Free Newsletter

Looking for People Keen to lose Weight

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Looking for People Keen to lose Weight

Postby Livy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:31 pm

Hello Everyone!
My name is Olivia, and sometime ago I became involved in this board trying once again to lose weight. I failed dismally, as I have for the last 5 years or more at trying to lose weight.
Recently I discovered that with the support of others, I was having more success. However, not in a forum, but in a group of other women, like myself who are trying to lose weight.

I would really like to get a group together... it doens't matter how much weight you have to lose... all would be welcome.

The system works by email... so we all message each other, daily with our trials, tribulations and the rest. We could also form 2 teams, and compete against one another like the Biggest Loser show, and I tell you, not letting your team down, becomes quite a big motivater to fighting the battle!!

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in becoming a member. Don't waste time, email me now!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:38 pm

hi olivia :)
i find that having peoples support is helping immensly too! but unfortunately im pretty flat out with this forum and with a pregnancy forum i am on. plus running around after a 9 month old girl and other things! lol. but good luck with it all. :)

Postby KimE » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:38 am

Hi Livy great to hear from you.

For me this forum supplies all that I need for support during weight loss. That and the ability to kick my own backside when it is needed. :D

I think your idea is a fantastic one. There are a lot of people who may not be so comfortable baring all so to speak in a forum like this and the group you are starting may just be the ideal support network for them. It's another way of finding out what works for you and going with it. I'm sure you will find a lot of people who will get more out of a more private and personal group. Well done, and I wish you and the group all the best in your weight loss journey.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Return to Weight loss Talk