It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Free Newsletter

Motivation... I've lost it... :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Motivation... I've lost it... :(

Postby sugar_plum943 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:53 am

Yes I'm a diet yo yo addict

I get all hyped up and excited and I go really well for about 15-20kgs then I lose it... I know it has to be a lifestyle change but I battle with will power... I battle with portion control and I've tried almost all there is out there

Even when I am eating right I feel so extremely tired it isn't funny

I hate counting kilojoules/calories etc it does my head in after a while but I so seriously want to find my mojo again

Does anyone else feel like this?
sugar_plum943

Re: Motivation... I've lost it... :(

Postby starr22 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:56 am

Yep, you are not alone, I feel like this all the time! I have been trying to lose 10-15kg for years now! I get all motivated and lose a few and then fall off the wagon :(

I have also tried many different diets. Since I started coming on here I decided that I was going to do it the old fashioned way...Healthy food and exercise, and in the first few months I managed to lose about 4 kgs. It just seems so hard when I think about having to do this for the rest of my life! I am now off the wagon, and have been for a while. I just can't seem to get motivated.

But we can do this. For me taking things one meal at a time helps. And coming in here (the forum) always lifts my spitits a bit :D

If u ever need a chat just PM me :D x
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby miranda*jane » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:33 pm

What's motivation? Lol.

I'm on the KM program atm. Celebrity Slim before that. I always do GREAT in the first few weeks, then I slip up (usually early on), but then still lose good numbers, so it get's into my head that its okay for a slip here and there, even though I know, deep down it's really not.

I'm always saying to myself, "Nope, that's it. Tomorrow no more slipping." Then tomorrow turns into the next day, then the day after that. Infact, today is my tomorrow...if that makes sense. Even though, last night all i sliped on (gosh, that sounds funny) was Barbeque Sakatas, carrot sticks, a handful of nuts, some Black Swan "Skinny" Roasted Capsicum dip and somedried fruit (that's over the course of the day...kinda. The dip, Sakatas, carrot and nuts were my late night snack), I still feel like I've cheated myself, you know?

I always get depressedand so close to just saying "F*uck it, I'm sick of this!" when we go grocery shopping. My partner told me recently not to be so hard on myself. "If you want it, have it," he told me. He's really sweet :) But the problem is, I can't stop at "just one" or "just a little" I even have trouble stopping when I'm full. I think the last one is because I'm so used to eating a big meal, because that's what i've ben served my whole life. It's horrible.

We've recently started walking again, which helps, though it IS hard to find the motivation sometimes. With the restricted carbs on the KM plan, energyis sometimes scarce, but I've found Green Tea helps. With a teaspoon of splenda and a little low-fat milk. Gives me that little extra.

I hate couting calories, carbs and all that crap too. I think mostly because it just confuses the hell out of me lol. But we'll all get there...I just keep imagining myself in a bathing suit now...and then after I getto my goal weight :) helps a little.
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby simpee » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:53 pm

I get it ! Maybe I am the same.

I think my problem is that it is all or nothing and maybe I should just work with better choices !

I am only good with dieting for a day or two and then I think this is the rest of my life and this is not what I want for the rest of my life. I need to work towards living a better life by making better choices, you know the 80/20 rule. Unfortunately at the moment the 80% is bad & the 20% is good, the switch needs to happen to make any changes !!!

I know that I need to change my priorities or nothing will change, particularly my weight.

Maybe I will promise myself to be better rather than perfect, starting now !

Simpee
simpee

Postby fi_112 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:09 pm

The thing that started me off on the road to success was doing a really good workout, and the amazing feeling I got afterwards. If you push yourself a bit further, endorphins get released and afterwards, you feel amazing, and it's kind of addictive!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:07 am

Thanks fi that a really good point. Maybe peole need to try a few thngs to see what works for them. I remember when I was fitter - it was euphoric and well worth the effort. I couldn't get enough. I loved the activity I was doing too so that was motivating as well.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby sugar_plum943 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Thanks everyone... it's nice to see we are all in the same boat together

Well I'm on my way to motivation station lol... I've ordered Zumba... can't wait!
sugar_plum943

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:35 pm

That looks like fun too.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Daisybeck » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:26 pm

sugar_plum943 wrote:Yes I'm a diet yo yo addict

I get all hyped up and excited and I go really well for about 15-20kgs then I lose it... I know it has to be a lifestyle change but I battle with will power... I battle with portion control and I've tried almost all there is out there

Even when I am eating right I feel so extremely tired it isn't funny

I hate counting kilojoules/calories etc it does my head in after a while but I so seriously want to find my mojo again

Does anyone else feel like this?

I'm a huge procrastinator and so I know exactly what you're saying. I always seem to lose my mojo but this time around I'm trying not to focus on weight loss as being the major focus of my day. I do my walk each evening and then afterwards I keep my mind on other things. If I focus on my walking and food portions all day I'm just setting myself up for failure.
Daisybeck

Postby sugar_plum943 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Thats really good Daisy... I'm a single mum of five children so walking other than in the middle of the day when they are at school/daycare is the only option I have

I do have an eliptical trainer though which is really good

I love your outlook! All the best !
sugar_plum943

Postby sarahm » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:29 pm

here here everyone- this is HARD!! am trying to replace the word 'motivation' with 'determination' . i feel like a size 14 is pretty good-then realise my BMI is not ok and need to lose at least 12kgs to be in the 'healthy' range.i am so tired inside and out. : (
sarahm

Postby Daisybeck » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:42 pm

One week ago today I made a resolution to go out walking for one hour seven days a week after work. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were fine. But on Thursday it was cold and wet and I didn't go on the reasoning that I only had to work on Friday afternoon and I told myself I would walk twice the distance on Friday morning before work. Friday morning I didn't go because I wanted to sleep in. So it's Saturday today and judging by my past patterns I would have given up by now. But I went out today anyway and I LOVED it. I walked on an old back road and there's wild daisies and buttercups out everywhere as well as pretty purple and blue clover flowers. The sun was shining, the bees were a'buzzin' and there's still snow visible on the mountains in the distance.

I still would have gone today even if it was freezing and raining.

My point is that you just have to MAKE yourself go. Put your hair up, get your runners and tracksuit on and just go. Don't think about it. Just go. I feel so much better for doing it. I don't have that combination feeling of guilt and failure eating away at my self esteem like I did on Thursday and Friday night.

My new motivation motto is the Nike one. 'Just Do It'.

Daisy.
Daisybeck

Postby miranda*jane » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Daisybeck wrote:
My new motivation motto is the Nike one. 'Just Do It'.

Daisy.

Love it :D
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Return to Weight loss Talk