I stayed up past my bedtime too... I didn't watch it, but I listened to most of it (can't sit still long enough to watch TV
My memory is a bit patchy (like I said, I stayed up past my bedtime
) but here's what I gleaned from it:
- They had the contestants grouped into "lifestyle groups". Think there were over 50's, 16-25's, homemakers, white collar workers and blue collar workers.
- They went through the quiz questions throughout the show and each group recorded their answers. At the end they found out which group had the highest scores. I think the blue collar workers came last and the white collar workers won.
- They also profiled the different diets that the people were going to be using. There was the Atkins diet, CSIRO diet, Liver cleansing diet, low GI diet... and another but I've forgotten
- All the contestants had a particular colour wrist band on, not related to which lifestyle group they were in, and that determined which diet they were going to be trialling for the next 10 weeks. So each diet is tried out by a variety of lifestyle groups.
- 29th Nov I think they will have another show to see how everyone went, and to see which diet best suits each lifestyle group.
I think this is the website, in case I missed anything
Great Weight Debate