It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:45 pm

Free Newsletter

working out

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

working out

Postby louise » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:03 pm

just interested in what exercise others are doing. i've recently become a bit gym crazy and have and have been loving 'pumping iron'. have only been doing it for a couple weeks and can already feel my muscles getting more defined. never thought i would get so into weights.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
louise

Postby KimE » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:14 pm

I do some sort of cardio at least 5 times per week usually a min of 40 mins. This may be a power walk, Tae bo DVD, gym workout on the cross trainer or cardio option on the treadmill.

I also do weights twice a week. Love doing the weights. There is something very satisfying about it even if it is hard work.

Also I have yoga, stretching and pilates DVD's that I slip in when in the mood so plenty of options no matter what the weather does or what mood I am in.

It still makes me laugh that I do all this as I was a couch potato who hated exercise. Now the day just isn't right if I haven't done something.

Oh and Louise or anyone else for that matter, if you are doing exercise where you know how many kms you have done feel free to join in the walking to perth challenge.

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/view ... 8&start=15

Any time you know the kms you have walked, run or whatever post in there and deduct your kms from the total balance to make a new balance. We're still up around 3,800 kms so have a long way to go.

Have fun! :D
Last edited by KimE on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:16 am

Hi Louise, I mainly do walking, but am waiting (im)patiently for the weather to warm up a bit more so that I can start swimming laps again. I have always been a water baby, and can swim between 20 and 30 laps of the 50m pool.

:?: KIM: tae bo sounds interesting, do you think I would be able to do it at the size I am??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:43 am

hey ally my friend lent me her taebo videos and it is so much fun!!! and the good thing about doing it at home is if you cant keep up no one notices!!! you jsut go at your own pace and try and keep up if you can. but the moves are definately fun!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:05 am

Tae Bo is great fun but I tell you what I had a headache the rest of the day the first time I did it. But then I do have a tendency for pushing myself. :roll:

Ally I think you would be able to do it and as Kate says take it at your own pace. It is definitely something you build up to and get better at. Choose carefully as there are some more advanced ones I think and the ab workout looks a little scary. I have a 40 min cardio workout and in that you really can do a lot of them at a less intensity and build up. There is very little jumping etc so I find it low impact. There is plenty of punching and some kicking. Some of the moves may be awkward and I felt downright unco-ordinated with a number of them until I had done it 4-5 times. But it does keep you moving and gets your heart rate up thats for sure. In the one I have Billy Blanks says even if you have to go and get a chair to do some of the moves just keep your body moving.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:18 am

Thanks Kate and Kim will definately look into that when I hit the shops tomorrow. I agree about doin' it at home, at least that way when I hit the deck from exhaustion scott can just drag my sorry behind up and he'll be the only one laughing not a whole group!!! LOL :shock: :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Weight loss Talk