It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:10 am

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson - Chat 11

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Hayley » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:15 pm

Thanks Dolly for looking into it - I managed to work it out though.

Kim, it was delicious - thanks for your wishes.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:47 pm

Clever girl
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:08 am

Yesterday morning I woke up with the scales saying 94.5kg
all I consumed yesterday was
Breakfast - a TF shake & a metric cup measure of strawberries
Lunch - a TF shake and an apple.
Dinner - the allowed protein serve of chicken and a home made vegetable soup. I went to bed feeling hungry but I figured it would be worth it because I have to get thin for my daughters wedding.

This morning I was happily anticipating the scales should send me down to 93.9 or something but Noooo, because I have a thyroid gland problem (even though I take the required medication) my scales said 95.1kg
I know when a person partakes in the TF program the chemist asks if you are hypothyroid because the soy proteins can stop your medication from working thus make you gain weight. But according to Thyroid.com if you take your medication 3 hours before or after you consume soy products it will still work (and this is what I've been doing) I don't want to keep changing the diet because I'm having problems with this one working for me, I want it to work again like it did when I first started it months ago.
I'll stick to the TF program religiously this entire weekend and report back Monday.
Have a good weekend everyone.
Dolly

Postby KimE » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:29 am

Best of luck Dolly. I really feel for you, I'm sure that sounds trite, but I do. It must be bloody heart breaking to put in the effort you do and not feel the reward. Can't the docs be a bit more helpful?

Anyway, good luck for the weekend mate. :)
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:56 am

There is a medication called Armour Thyroid sold in America (it's a natural one) but the Australian government won't allow it in, they say we have chemical thyroixine and that's all we need (but it doesn't fully work on half of it's users) Most hypothyroids in America have a huge success at this glanduar problem when on Armour.
I suppose we all have to wait for a politicians wife to get hypothyroidism before they do something and allow it into our country.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:16 am

Gosh Dolly, I don't know how you manage to stay so positive with such a big hurdle to jump! Good on you, you truly are an inspiration!!!

Good luck over the weekend - I'm interested to hear on Monday how you went over the entire weekend. If you leave a bigger gap than the 3 hours between the medication and the shakes, does that make any difference?

I'm thinking of you.....in fact we all are xxx
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:27 am

It might do Hayley, infact that is a really good idea, I'll have my medication at night before I go to bed so I know it's many hours since my noon soy shake.
Thanks for that.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:47 am

You'll get there Dolly, stay strong!
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:55 am

Thanks guys.
How's your TF day going? we've got visitors tonight but I'm planning on
chopping up some legal vegetables to snack on and I'll be drinking my diet sprite lemonade Image
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:28 pm

My TF day is going great....I've stuck to it without fail so far, so I'm happy with that. I have had some diet raspberry jelly to get me over the sugar craving I had this morning. With my shake for lunch today, I rolled a small amount of avacodo, some finely sliced tomato and some cracked black pepper in a lettuce leaf and it was yummy. I'll be fine as of tomorrow but I guess I'm feeling more hungry today and yesterday because my body was out of ketosis mode, so I'm having to go through 2 days of it now.......bring on tomorrow!!! No headaches to report though, so that's great!

Thinking of you all :D
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:51 am

Sounds great Hayley, I've also done pretty well getting slowley back into ketosis. No headaches this time with me either. I hope the scales smile at me in the morning.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:57 am

Good morning everyone! I survived my cousin's 4th birthday party yesterday - just ate heaps of celery sticks and took my TF shake with me in my shaker, for lunch. So, been back on track 110% since Friday and my weight has gone down already in just 3 days. Yippee!! :D

I think I might try making the TF friendly Thai chicken patties for dinner tonight and serve on a bed of salad.
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:22 am

Hi Hayley, I've been sticking to the diet 110% too (excluding that one bite of a slice on saturday night, that I worked off with the 100 crunches and 23 minute walk you instructed me to do)
I've felt so hungry this whole weekend but I'm sticking to the program.
I was surprised to see the scales went up a tad this morning, I figure it's still my thyroid gland problem even though I'm now taking my meds 6 hours away from my noon soy shake.
Oh well, I'll watch what the scales have to say tomorrow morning.
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:53 am

:D well done hayley- birthday parties are the worst arent they! it sounds like you really well congrats :) hope you have a wonderful loss this week:)

dolly stick with it mate, you are doing a great job!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:38 pm

Thanks Kate, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
Which diet are your following at the moment Kate?
Dolly

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk