It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Free Newsletter

That time of the month?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

That time of the month?

Postby Garfield » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:37 pm

I've heard that women can gain or lose up to a kilo depending on what point they are at in their cycle.
Is this true and have people experienced this?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Ally » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:47 pm

OH yep that is true...Garfield I can gain up to 3-4 kgs when I am due for my period and in the first few days of. I bloat up like a big puffer fish and boobs are like cannonballs and my ankles cop it as well. If it is particulary bad one even my neck and wrists can retain fluid. It is perfectly normal for fluid retention and it is really good to get out and do some exercise as I find it helps to get rid of it. I hope this a help to you.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Garfield » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:56 pm

Wow, 3-4kg! That must make it difficult to track you weight loss from week to week, unless you just don't weigh in that week...
Oh man, I am so lucky I don't retain fluid that bad.
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Ally » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:07 pm

If I know that I am due, I will not weigh in. At the moment they are all over the place due to the weight I have gained over the last 6 months, however the doctor told me today that all should return to normal as I continue to lose weight!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:51 am

I weighed myself yesterday and today and have a 0.6kg gain.

Now I know it wasnt what I ate I had homemade vegie soup for lunch and tea, I can literallly feel myself bloating today.

Periods suck........................... :cry:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:00 am

Yes I can confirm that this is true! I go up/down 1-2kgs always :shock:

It's not fat... just fluids etc. Nothing to worry about as it goes away soon after.

I am bad and take a herbal diuretic around that time, which really seems to help. Doesn't stop it, just makes it less 8)
SarahC

Postby TamaraP » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:40 pm

I have purposely skipped my period two months in a row (on the pill) I am just wondering do you think this would have an effect on my weigh ins?
Tamara

TamaraP

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:12 pm

hi tamara :)
how do you 'skip' your period? im on the pill and i still get my period.
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:14 pm

Kate, you just dont take the sugar pills, you just go straight onto the next packet. I dont think it is advisable to do it to often but is a great way to avoid the dreaded nasty if you have a big weekend planned or a holiday :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:48 pm

oh! ok then. never knew that. dont think id do that it would mess with my pcos too much i think :) thanks for the info!
kate_turner2000

Postby Garfield » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:00 am

I heard that it is perfectly alright to skip periods using the pill... somebody put forward the argument that having regular periods isn't what our bodies would do back in the stone ages - we'd be pregnant for a significant proportion of our adult lives. Not sure if this argument has any validity at all... I haven't skipped any periods yet, but I don't think it would mess with you too much.
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Puffer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:55 pm

My doctor told me it was fine to have one period every 3 months, by skipping the sugar pills. Thats what I do, and its great :D
Puffer

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:55 pm

well I guess we didn't have periods till adolescence and then at 50 odd (or even earlier) we stop having them. Can't be that bad. But then you never do know....thalydimide, flouride tablets, DDT...
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby chubbybubby » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:12 pm

Puffer, I have been skipping my periods on and off now for 3 1/2 years, and I have seen two different doctors and an OBGYN ( had some medical worries going on down there) and all three of them told me that as long as you have a period every 8-12 months, then you will be fine, I have never heard of every 3 months. Both drs just said that a lof of women's bodies wont allow them to skip for that long and they'll have breakthrough bleeding somewhere in that time. The longest I have gone for is 7 months, (felt a bit bloated and ratty so decided to have one) then I got a period within 2 days of taking the sugar pills. A friend of mine went about 13 months, (mainly cos her bf is in the army, and he is only home every few weeks so she didnt want to... interrupt anything if u know what I mean :D hehe) she also had no probs getting one afterwards, and she actually fell pregnant about 7 weeks later :) I was worried about the fertility issue as well (Im only 21 and definately want more kids in the future) but I have been assured that you can skip 8-12 months, then you should give your body a break. xx
chubbybubby

Postby Puffer » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:00 pm

thats great news, I might go 6 months and see what happens! I think my body could easily handle longer, it takes me a good 5-10 days of stopping taking the pill (I dont take the sugar ones because all they are is lactose, and I am lactose intolerant!) before I get my period
Puffer

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk