It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:53 am

Free Newsletter

Has anyone tried the 48 Hour Rapid Detox?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Has anyone tried the 48 Hour Rapid Detox?

Postby Samantha Jean » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:47 pm

I read about it in the paper & saw it on tv a few times. Has anyone tried it? I am thinking you would lose quite a few kgs right away but I am sure you would gain it all back once you start eating again. It says there is a plan for beginning eating again slowly so you don't put it back on but I don't know about that.

You have this drink 4 times a day for 2 days and no food at all. Each drink is about 370kj or so, which is only about 1480kj (352 cal) per day. You're supposed to lose 3 to 4 kg in the 48 hours. I guess if you think about doing the 40hour famine you go without food and everything for that long so it is probably not dangerous if you are healthy, I just wonder if it actually works.
Samantha Jean

Re: Has anyone tried the 48 Hour Rapid Detox?

Postby JB* » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:52 pm

never heard of it. However to lose weight for good fad diets aren't ideal
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZbiUct/]
[/url]
JB*

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:35 pm

I saw the ad on tv and said to my husband "Look at this. He claims that since he took the detox he is ripped (really well defined and muscular)." :roll: We laughed hilariously as it would have taken many hours of body building & sculpting to get muscles looking like that. To me the advertising is over the top and appears misleading so I wouldn't buy their product.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Jisgone » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:15 pm

There are posts about this kind of junk all the time. There is no quick fix, tablet, miracle cure, vibrating machine, injection, massage or berry that will help. Eat less and move more, dont waste your money on this junk.
Jisgone

Postby maxrivera » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:31 pm

Jewles wrote:There are posts about this kind of junk all the time. There is no quick fix, tablet, miracle cure, vibrating machine, injection, massage or berry that will help. Eat less and move more, dont waste your money on this junk.

Jewles is correct. Marketers realise that people will try anything, especially if it is the easy road out, so they market a detox as a weight loss diet to get you in. I have been invoved in detox diets for a long time, and if you are going to use a detox diet like the 48 hour rapid detox as part of a plan to lose weight you will be dissapointed. No detox diet is going to give you a long term weight loss. The basics of weight loss is calories in v's calories out. A detox will reduce your calorie intake therefor you will lose some weight, but when you stop your detox and resume normal eating there is no magic... if your calorie intake is higher than your output then you will put weight on.

A detox diet is not for everyone, the benefits vary from person to person.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertising link. Please refer to forum rules.
maxrivera

Postby Carley » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:36 pm

I completely believe in detoxing. Do I believe in the 48 hour detox? Heck no! What a waste of money that does nothing for you! Detoxes are simple and easy IF done right. When I detox I eat unlimited fruits and vegetables for 2-4 days, not for weight loss but for a refresher. I drink a lot of water and rest. After it I feel great, then I slowly add back other things.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby maxrivera » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Good on you Carley!
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: If you persist in attaching a spam link to your signature you will be banned.
maxrivera

Postby maxrivera » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Cheer up... If i contribute in a meaningful way it should be okay for me to share my website with users... it is a useful resource anyway. there are lots of links in posts on this forum.

Are you really that EVIL???

Max
Last edited by court on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: advertising link removed
maxrivera

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:45 pm

I think you should read the forum rules as to what types of links are allowed and what ones aren't. You have been told that link is spam. If you keep posting it you will be considered a spammer and will be banned. I'm not being evil. I'm following the forum rules. You should too.

If you would like to legitimately advertise on this site there is a link in the top navigation bar. Trying to advertise for free on the forum cheats the site out of revenue, devalues the advertisements placed by paying advertisers and irritates other members of the forum who are here to build a community rather than hawk their products in the middle of conversations.

You have a link in your profile. That should be enough for people to find your site.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Carley » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Block him I say *shakes fist in the air*

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Goal for 2016:
Carley

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:07 pm

I normally send a warning pm and then block.
I love the power :P
Jisgone

Postby Carley » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Jewles wrote:I normally send a warning pm and then block.
I love the power :P

I want power too!

My power is to push the smiley button....now

:D :D :D :D

Ohhhh the power :lol:
Goal for 2016:
Carley

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Oh, you both have the power of making me laugh my arse off. :lol:

I'm so glad you use your powers for good instead of evil. :twisted:
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Weight loss Talk