It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:23 am

Free Newsletter

Take care

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Take care

Postby Fluffy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:30 pm

Hi Guys,

Our gym was closed today as someone had a heart attack while they were working out. I am not sure if the attack was related to the workout or exactly the circumstances - there will be a full investigation and the gym will stay closed until what happened has been established. I just wanted to say that we all need to take care of ourselves when we are excersing and working out. Injuries can keep us out of action for a very long time. Sorry to be morbid but it was a real shock so everyone take care :)
Fluffy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:35 pm

thanks fluffy :) its nice to warn people. shows your caring and supportive and appreciation :) hope the person gets better that would be so horrible.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:12 am

:shock: oh well you don't hear that everyday. Here's hoping the person concerned will make a speedy recovery. Hope you are ok fluffy, that would be a shock to your system alright. Take care.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:05 am

Thanks for posting that fluffy.

It really isn't a bad idea checking with your doc too. I saw my doc before I increased the intensity, told him what my plan was and the type of exercise I was doing and he gave me the go ahead said he saw no reason why I couldn't do more.

Start slowly and build up slowly and above all listen to your body.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:35 am

My friend in America's dad had been a health freak for many years.
He ate healthy, he exercised often and always enjoyed doing his 10 minutes on his treadmill before bed.
One evening at about 3am he clutched his chest as he woke his wife, saying he believed he was having a heart attack (there were no prior warning signs)
Unfortunately he died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.
Sometimes it's sadly just our time to go.
Dolly

Postby chubbybubby » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:30 pm

A friend of mine had an aunty who was very obese, she started working out and eating a very very extreme limited diet, and even after her doctor's reccomendation, she pushed herself way too hard too soon (like 2 1/2 hours treadmill, 1 hour exercise bike, aerobics and a 30 minute walk in one day) She was home alone one day on her treadmill after almost a full day of exercising, had a heart attack and died. Her son found her after school. Its pretty horrible really, I suppose she was just trying to do what the rest of us are doing, wanting to be healthy, but wanting it NOW. I try to keep in mind that the weight didnt come on overnight, It took a good few years to get here, so its going to take a good while to get it off. Thanks for the reminder though, its definatley something everyone should keep in mind.
I hope they are ok :)
chubbybubby

Return to Weight loss Talk