It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Where do u carry your weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Where do u carry your weight?

Postby chubbybubby » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:01 pm

Hey everyone!
I was just thinking about this, after looking at my sister who is about 5 kgs lighter than myself, same height (5'11) and realising how different we look for being so close in kilograms. She carries her weight on her thighs and bum. I have kind of a wierd shape. I have a small bum and toned thighs, (I wear size 14 jeans) I have small boobs, but really big hips and arms. (Size 18 tops) I also still have the baby belly thing going on.... gonna have to do some hip- tummy targeting exercises to get rid of them I think!
It makes me think of the medical point of view.... I think its that weight around the waist is worst for you right?
I might have a look into that and see exactly why that is....
So anyway, where do u carry your weight?
chubbybubby

Postby Puffer » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:58 pm

I have a spare tyre around my middle, and rather large thighs.

I have totally bizarro 'chunks' of fat on each side of my hip. Hard to explain but if you can imagine there is a massive mountain of fat, about an an extra 5cm of width on either side of my hips, just a centimeter or two higher up than where my thigh meets my torso. It's such a wierd, unnatural looking weird way of putting on fat! I can't weight to get rid of those
Puffer

Postby Garfield » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:36 am

Hips and thighs. Mostly thighs. I'm at a healthy weight for my height, but I just have different proportions to most women, or at least, different to the women they mostly make jeans for :roll:
I have a pair of regular bootcut jeans and a pair of wide leg jeans. The wide leg ones fit me at the hips and bum (tightly) and are skin tight on the legs. The other jeans I got skin tight on the legs, and so I have to wear a belt with them or they will slide down my hips too far. Frustrating.
Also I can't wear boots that come up higher than my ankle, but I think that's just a big calf muscle rather than too much fat.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:09 am

:? i carry my weight everywhere lol. the main areas are: my bum, my thighs, and my upper arms. ive noticed i got a couple of fat rolls hapening on my back too lol. i sitll have the excessive skin around my belly from heidi but ive noticed that is shrinking with losing weight combined with sit ups :)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:00 am

For me its my bum,hips,tummy x 2 :lol: and my boobs , oh and my arms, and my chin. I guess thats everywhere :lol:

I find that i'm loosing it firstly off my boobs,and my chin which is great, I can breath again at night :D and the cat is no longer at risk of suffocation during the night as he sleeps so close to me.
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:45 am

I have thin legs and arms and butt, I carry my weight on my belly.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:49 am

ankles, thighs and belly mostly (jelly belly from bub still too!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:33 pm

Bum, hips and thighs baby!! I have quite a thin waist (even at my size). I do find that my arms are quite huge too! but it is mainly
B-H-T.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby TamaraP » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:09 pm

A lot of my weight is carried... hell its carried everywhere... Then again I don't know half the time what is muscle and what is fat!

I do know that I am size 18 all over so it must be evenually distributed
Tamara

TamaraP

Postby KimE » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:10 pm

Mostly carry it on my tummy although the weight I had on was well distributed which is the way it has come off...fairly evenly.

I still have a tummy though and am starting to think I may just have to live with that even as I get to goal weight. It has shrunk heaps though so all hope is not lost. And I am now in the 'low risk' category for the waist to hip ratio thingy :D

Chubbybubby you're right about the tummy being the worst place to carry it health wise. Here is a bit of info.
:arrow: http://www.weightloss.com.au/weight-los ... -ratio.htm
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby bride2be » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:07 pm

boobs / shoulders and upper arms / belly / upper thighs....
i really feel like ive just expanded fairly evenly all over , but it is more noticable in these areas.
bride2be

Postby °•Spook•° » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:40 pm

Pretty much everywhere, but my tummy and boobs are the worst parts.
[/url]
°•Spook•°

Postby Fairie » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:40 am

Bum, Hips, Thighs, Stomach and upper Arms. So I am well out of proportion with small boobs :?
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby SarahC » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:04 pm

Mine's all in the middle: belly, hips, back and top of thighs. Luckily the tops of my arms and bum have missed out... unfortunately the boobs missed out too :cry:

My sister is about the same weight as me, but she is stick thin! Not even a hint of fat in sight. Apparently though there is some on her bum and thighs, and a few stretch marks appearing, but I can't see it! :x

I am an "apple", and apparently she is a "pear" (well, if she got some fat then she would be!)
SarahC

Postby chubbybubby » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:05 pm

See what I mean, isnt it bizarre how different "overweight" is, that there really isn't one mould, or type of person.... Hhhhmmmm yeah I think I am an apple too. Thanks for that info too KimE, :P
chubbybubby

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk