It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Cellulite

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Cellulite

Postby fi_112 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:06 am

Is it possible for cellulite to actually get worse when you lose weight and tone up? Or have I just become more critical of my body?
I am the most toned I've ever been at yet my dimples seem to have become worse!! haha HELP!

Any tips for remedies would be great. I've been massaging my thighs and having steam room and sauna sessions. Any other tips?

Cheers guys!! :) xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Re: Cellulite

Postby Runner » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:51 am

I reckon heaps of water did it for me, when I started to loose weight I remember it was pretty bad, but then one day i realised it was gone. It wasn't that far into loosing so I accredit it to more water and less preservatives and fat in the food I eat. I used to drink a whole bunch too, now I try to avoid it! Actually I think I rememeber an article in like famous magazine or something that had a skinny Misha Barton on the beach with celluite. They blamed it on her heavy partying. so maybe it was skipping the alcohol that did it for me.
As you can see I have no clue, but I do have a good tip, Don't be critical of yourself! You have the best tummy on this site hands down! :D
Runner

Postby miranda*jane » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:56 am

It might be becauseyour skin hasn't caught up with your weightloss yet? I've pretty much always had celulite, so I don't notice it getting better or worse.

There are body wraps you can get that take the toxins out of your skin, and that helps to reduce celulite. Like Runner said though, water might help too.
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby fi_112 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks for the responses! I eat a lot of artificial sweetner (chemical kind) and still drink too much alco so that might be not helping?? what u reckon?
fi_112

Postby miranda*jane » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Alcohol mite be a factor...I'mnot really an expert, by isn't celulitecaused by toxins in the tissue under ur skin? If i'm right, then maybe try cuttin way down on alcohol...see if it helps...
miranda*jane

Postby fi_112 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:48 am

Hmmm............ cut out alcohol??? But it's just become summer!!!

haha no just kidding. I will try and cut down :)
fi_112

Postby miranda*jane » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:46 pm

Do the Ocsober challenge and raise money to get the message out about underage drinking...doing it for a cause and your health then :D
miranda*jane

Postby Karolina » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Runner wrote:I reckon heaps of water did it for me, when I started to loose weight I remember it was pretty bad, but then one day i realised it was gone. It wasn't that far into loosing so I accredit it to more water and less preservatives and fat in the food phentermine I eat. I used to drink a whole bunch too, now I try to avoid it! Actually I think I rememeber an article in like famous magazine or something that had a skinny Misha Barton on the beach with celluite. They blamed it on her heavy partying. so maybe it was skipping the alcohol that did it for me.
As you can see I have no clue, but I do have a good tip, Don't be critical of yourself! You have the best tummy on this site hands down! :D

Heh. Cellulite appears because of:
Unhealthy food
Inactive lifestyle (you mainly sit and that makes blood flow worse)
Stress
Alcohol
Smoking

Try doing your exercises on fresh air and walking at least an hour a day.
Karolina

Postby fi_112 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:18 am

Thank you but I have a very healthy lifestyle and do a sh*t load of exercise!!

I do drink a heap of water too so it's probably the alcohol.
fi_112

Postby Runner » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:58 pm

whats with the new word in my quote? Thats so stupid. I hate spam messing with me.
Runner

Return to Weight loss Talk