It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Am I the only one not losing weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Am I the only one not losing weight?

Postby Shay » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Usually about an hour, although boxing is 90 mins (eek!). Calorie king says i should eat 1300 calories, although i personally think its not enough and eat around 1600 (since calorie king recommends less exercise than i actually do, so i figure i should eat more so im not in starvation mode). I dont mind skipping a day or two if i'm really busy, its not religious for me.

Its quite strange, because i took my measurements yesterday thinking maybe they'd dropped even if my weight hasnt, but i've increased in all my measurements! :o It cant all be muscle, because i feel quite flabby :lol: I took a pregnancy test, and it was negative so i have no idea whats going on. I figure my body's being stubborn and i'm not giving up till it cracks and decides to start dropping!
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby sarahm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:54 am

hi shay-can feel your pain! my big idea-water. lots of it! 2ltrs + daily. it is getting things moving for me-maybe it will for u too! arent we meant to have consecutive rest days from cardio? your body is just being very naughty-something HAS to give!
sarahm

Postby Fireball » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:45 pm

? :? Just keep it up for a while and see what happens. I do think you're wise to have a bit more to eat - you don't want to starve you want to get fit.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Shay » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, its gotten worse. I've gone from not losing to... gaining weight! What the?? The only other thing is i recently got off the pill and still have not gotten my periods. A week late, but pregnancy tests were negative. Poor me :cry:

Shay

Postby Carley » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:38 pm

Daisybeck wrote:Hi again Shay,

It sounds like you may be plateauing? My advice would be to stick with what you're doing and soon enough the weight will start shifting again. I remember about ten years ago I was losing weight and I went for about four or five weeks where the weight just stopped coming off. Luckily I stuck with it and it started coming off again eventually. One thing that I have found that helps (you may be doing something like this already) is varying your calorie intake a bit each day. One day eat 200 - 400 calories more, the next day eat 200 - 400 calories less, then add 200 - 400 more etc.... For me it seems to reboot my metabolism and helps the weight start coming off again a little quicker. I see my metabolism as almost a seperate entity and I like to trick it by being unpredictable with my daily calorie intake.

Either way, just stick with your current plan and the weight WILL start coming off again. But I know how you feel - all that hard work and you just want to see results as soon as possible and when they don't show it's frustrating and disheartening.

What ever you do you'll do a great job and I know you'll start seeing results again soon,

:) :wink:

Daisy

Thank you for giving me hope, I haven't lost weight for nearly a month and I'm sticking to what I'm doing. I'm hoping soon that I have your luck :)
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby Shay » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Turns out my body is retaining water... lots and lots of it! I just need to flush it out, its a big pain when you do all the right things and it doesnt pay off!

I think the other reason is that even when i wasnt eating very healthy, i was still exercising regularly so it wasn't something new to my system that would make me drop weight.

Shay

Postby Daisybeck » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:26 pm

Carley wrote:
Daisybeck wrote:Hi again Shay,

It sounds like you may be plateauing? My advice would be to stick with what you're doing and soon enough the weight will start shifting again. I remember about ten years ago I was losing weight and I went for about four or five weeks where the weight just stopped coming off. Luckily I stuck with it and it started coming off again eventually. One thing that I have found that helps (you may be doing something like this already) is varying your calorie intake a bit each day. One day eat 200 - 400 calories more, the next day eat 200 - 400 calories less, then add 200 - 400 more etc.... For me it seems to reboot my metabolism and helps the weight start coming off again a little quicker. I see my metabolism as almost a seperate entity and I like to trick it by being unpredictable with my daily calorie intake.

Either way, just stick with your current plan and the weight WILL start coming off again. But I know how you feel - all that hard work and you just want to see results as soon as possible and when they don't show it's frustrating and disheartening.

What ever you do you'll do a great job and I know you'll start seeing results again soon,

:) :wink:

Daisy

Thank you for giving me hope, I haven't lost weight for nearly a month and I'm sticking to what I'm doing. I'm hoping soon that I have your luck :)

It will start coming off again soon. Just stick with it. Plateuing is one of the worst bits of the weight loss journey. It's one of those thresh hold times where a lot of people give up. The fact that you've stuck with it despite not losing for four weeks is awesome mate. Just know that it most definitely WILL start coming off again, and soon. :)
Daisybeck

Postby fi_112 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:00 am

It sounds weird, but I'd have a rest day or two from the exercise. It will help you to go harder the other 5-6 days a week, and it will give your body a chance to repair it's muscles. Other than that, stop stressing out about it. Stress hormones make you gain weight!!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby michael4 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:22 am

Don't ever give up. Sometimes it is just working like that, you don't see the progress but then after some time you realize that you advanced very suddenly.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Using your signature for advertising violates forum rules.
michael4

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk