It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Calorie King make me very big confusion

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Calorie King make me very big confusion

Postby Shay » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi hi!

I've been using calorie king for a little while and I'm a bit confused by this little red exclamation mark it gives me next to net calories. If i eat all my recommended calories and do my recommended exercise, it'll reduce the calories burnt from the exercise from the calories consumed, and so obviously my net will end up being less than what they recommend after this. Does that mean I now have to eat more, or its just something I should ignore?

For example, i'm meant to eat 1300 calories a day. I might burn 300 calories on the treadmill etc, and my net calories then say 1000 calories, and i get a red mark. Do I then have to eat another 300 calories to get to net of 1300?
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Re: Calorie King make me very big confusion

Postby onthedecrease » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:58 pm

are you sure the red mark is not against your water consumption? if its not I would ignore it, the exercise calories are optional as to wether you want to eat them back again or not.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby Jisgone » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:34 pm

The red mark comes up because CK suggest you eat back exercise cals. Try eating them back for a week and if you dont lose weight then only eat half back, and then none to see what works for you. If you can eat them back and still lose then go for it :)
Jisgone

Postby miranda*jane » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:06 pm

I just started using calorie king, and I was just wondering, is it bad to eat UNDER my recomended calories if I can't get out to excersize? I know it's importantto excersize, but it's been pouring with rain here the last few days and all I've done is some sit ups and push ups...
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby onthedecrease » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:31 pm

yes it is bad to eat under your suggested allowance, as the suggestion is allready quite a bit lower than the amount needed, exercise is extra.

I personally dont see any point in eating back exercise calories if you do you've just done it all for nothing :idea:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby HappyGirl83 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:56 pm

Well the idea of eating back the exercise calories is that it gives you the energy to continue exercising and stops you from eating too few calories (and getting all the bad effects eat too few calroies has on your body). The calories given to you are already set at a level that if you didn't do any exercise (burn extra calories apart from what you do just by living, moving around daily etc) you would still lose weight. So I'm on 1750 calories, even if I don't exercise I will still lose weight. My maintence level for not gaining or losing would be around 2250 at my current weight (106kg).

Since I'm on 1750 calories and if I do a pump class and burn 500 calories and don't eat them back, my net calories for the day would be only 1250 which is less than my body needs to be healthy and happy while losing weight. Make sense? It took me a long time to get my head around it lol. But I finally understand it all!

Have you done the CK Uni over at CalorieKing? It's great!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Czarina » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:20 pm

Eat them back! When you are down to 1200 calories, you will appreciate being able to eat the exercise calories back. Not eating them back can hinder your weight loss.
Czarina

Postby Shay » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi all!

Oh bummer, i cant eat them all back! For example, today i'll probably have 1300 calories, and do a 90 min boxing class which is around 800-1000 calories. It means i'll have to eat all over again! :o
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby Jisgone » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Try swapping diet products for normal ones, add in some nuts and other healthy fats and youll find it suprisingly easy to get to the recommended cals :)
Jisgone

Return to Weight loss Talk