It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Free Newsletter

the freedom of night weigh ins

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

the freedom of night weigh ins

Postby Fireball » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:53 pm

I used to take my scales so seriously that I would try to weigh the same time each morning. Of course after my morning errr routine. Its like a lie because when you tell people your weight, it is at its very best, its not real. I have now realised what a load of nonsense. I dont want to be a panickstricken dieter that has to play tricks to feel ok.

This is a journey where I need to confront my eating patterns and be honest about what I'm doing and where I'm at. Now I weigh at night so it's my worst weight of the day. Its kinda cool, like when I went to the doctors and they pull out the scales and my weight is a bit less than when I weighed. As overweight as I am, I feel happy.

For some reason this has had a significant impact on me - the weightloss being part of a lifestyle; anticipation of change over time without the pressure. Instead of the focus being on dieting.Try it.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Re: the freedom of night weigh ins

Postby Daisybeck » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:14 am

My weekly weigh in time is Monday nights before I have dinner. It's just easier for me. Usually in the mornings I'm too bleary eyed and running late for work to remember to do it.
Daisybeck

Postby onthedecrease » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:10 am

what ever floats your boat i guess, i always weigh first thing in the morning because that is what i consider my true weight without all the food that isint part of my body so i dont see why i would want to count it as part of my weight. :idea:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby Jisgone » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Im the same, I would rather weigh in first thing in the morning so I know what I weigh before I fill myself up with food/drinks.
I dont really want to know what ive eaten and drunk through out the day weighs :)
Jisgone

Postby Fireball » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:58 pm

Wow I hadn't thought of it that way. I still prefer my night wiegh but. :D

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Weight loss Talk