It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:51 am

Free Newsletter

Lost 15kgs and now really stuck!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Lost 15kgs and now really stuck!!!

Postby Running Mum » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:24 pm

I am 176cm tall and have dropped from 83kg to 68kg over the past 6 months. Feeling pretty proud of that too!!!! :) I've lost the kgs through a low carb / low fat diet and lots and lots and lots of exercise. Running and swimming and cycling. But now.... I'd love to lose another 5kg..... but it just won't move. I've almost doubled my exercise routine but nothing is moving.... so I've given myself a week of "free eating" and cut back on the exercise to give my body a break. BUT I'd love some advice from anyone who has found themselves with this probelm. I've always heard - the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight.... but till I hit 40 I never beleived it!
Running Mum

Re: Lost 15kgs and now really stuck!!!

Postby Shalimar » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:59 am

Hi and well done on your losses, you must be very proud :) .

I never had problems with plateaus but I believe an couple of ways to get through are via calorie cycling- basically vary th amount you eat each day by working out your calorie allowance for the week and then rather than sticking to say 1500 cals everyday, have 1500 one day, 1200 the next,1700 the day after that and so on. As long as by the end of the week you have eaten your weekly calorie allowance all is good. Another way would be to have a bigger breakfast than normal but then have a smaller lunch, shake things up a bit and vary what you eat.
Good luck, Sue :D .

Edited to say also give the exercise routine a shake up, try varying what you are doing and the intencity.

How many cals a day are you eating?

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Return to Weight loss Talk