It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:23 am

Free Newsletter

Deprest and on the edge of giving up

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Deprest and on the edge of giving up

Postby Nikki.p » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:47 pm

hey there people, from just under 2 years ago i said enough was enough and decided to do something about my weight. i wanted to do it right so taking time wasnt a big issue, so i became a vergetarian. i wasnt losing weight but was happy eating healthy good food. probably just under a year with the new diet i started to lose weight and between a 10 month period i went from 105kg to 80kg, and dont get me wrong i was so happy and proud of wat i had accomplised it felt great but i had the goal of 60kg( by the way im 23 and 5 foot 2 female).

earlier this year i felt like i needed exercise in my routine so slowly started with walks, then added bike and running. while doing this at the time i didnt no much about a healthy lifestyle with calories and my intake was around 1000 a day, which now i realise was way to low, and i think that has caused me either to plateau or go into starvation mode. until recently i didnt no this information so i was probably doing very low calories for around 4 months.

because my weight has moved up and down 80-85kgs in 6 months i started to change things up exercise daily either morning or at night i would always swap it up, my cardio workouts were always different and my calorie intake was around 1200 - 1500 a day but never the same in succession. i went on a week and a bit holiday with no exercise and about a 2000 calorie intake a day and still nothing has worked.

i recently tried a plateau breaking detox which in 11 days i managed to lose 2 kg and then the next week after the detox i lost another kilo, so from 85 to 82kg. but as always my weight just goes back up and now im stuck on 84. i was so sure the the detox had fixed the problem but i was wrong.
My weekly routine is 6 days a week i do cardio for 30-45 mins, 3 days a week i do weights (low weight high rep) i eat well my calorie intake is 1800-2000 a day, there is no sugars or stuff like that, i take note of all my calories and food intake, i have a big breaky and small dinner but im just out of luck.

These past few days as ive been watching the weight go up i have found myself so down and depressed. when i start to think about it(which is most of the time) i start crying and sometimes cant stop. i just feel like im not allowed to be happy and i feel so miserable its affecting every1 around me.today i contemplated giving up i dont think i can take the failures any more, even though i hav achieved alot with my weight loss, im getting closer to the end but i feel like ive lost the will to even bother anymore, even while im writing this im crying and cant stop feeling bad. what should i do?????

NIKKI
Nikki.p

Re: Deprest and on the edge of giving up

Postby miss_viva » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi Nikki, and welcome to the forums :)

I'm sorry you're feeling so depressed at the moment, especially when you've done SO well to lose 25kgs. I know you might not feel this way, but you really should be proud of yourself as it's a huge achievement!

It can be really frustrating when you hit a plateau and you work so hard and lose nothing. I'm not really sure what I can suggest to you, because you seem to be eating well and exercising, which is usually enough to get the weight coming off again. Perhaps you could consider going to see a dietician to see if they can look at your diet, and make any suggestions? I know you monitor things yourself, but maybe it would be worth seeing someone else for an objective point of view? Same with your exercise, maybe you could book a session or two with a personal trainer, and see if they have any suggestions?

Try not to give up, you've come so far already, and I'm sure you will just feel worse if you let yourself slip and undo all of the hard work you've put in so far. You CAN do this, and you're worth it!

Let me know if you need anything :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Oliviasf » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:02 pm

hey Nikki - don't give up, wow you have done so fantastically!!! Welcome to the forum too. That's what these forums are about anyway, encouraging and helping along the way.

Don't know what to suggest but I agree with miss viva, perhaps someone like a diatician can really help you and you can chat to them through what's going on.

You can check out my other forums on what I've done (not that I'm oh so good babes, but hey I try).

Just know that you can do it! Half of the battle is believing in oneself :wink: :wink:

What's helped me is going to the gym and building muscle / lean tissue. I think it's raised my metabolism as I don't think it was very high to begin with. I also found eathing good proteins actually helped me to loose weight too.

All the best!!!
Oli
Goal is to lose another 2 kgs

Starting : 69.5 kg
Goal 65 kg - reached 5/11/09
Goal 64 kg - reached 15/01/10
Goal 62 kg - reached 30/04/10
Goal 61 kg - reached 01/06/2010
Goal 58 kg

Oliviasf

Postby rubyfox » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:32 pm

It's a real shame you're feeling so bad about things! Perhaps you need to have a more structured approach to losing the rest of the weight. By seeing a dietitian and/or trainer you will be able to find out what's not working for you - sometimes we do things that we think are good only to find that they're not. There are also a number of websites that offer weight loss programs if seeing a dietitian is too expensive (which it can sometimes be). Careful though as some of them aren't too good. My sister found a site that seems ok, she got a proper program and has lost 3kg in the first 2 weeks. I can't remember the name though, something about pin ups or something - I'll ask my sister if you want?
rubyfox

Postby Nikki.p » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:40 pm

thanks for the reply girls, im still not losing weight :cry: but im trying to stay positive and looking to finds answers. if u could plz ask ur sister about the website that would be a great help :D . ive changed my weight loss goals for the year and am now just pushing to be under the 80kg's by the end of the year. if any1 has anymore information would be much appreciated and thank you so much for the kind and helpful messages.

NIKKI
Nikki.p

Postby court » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:26 pm

Hey nikki -
I can relate a little I am 5ft 3 and when I was 21 I weighed in at 90kgs.. I low caloried myself down to 73 but then boucned right back up to 80 where i couldnt budge from (something about my metablosim just not appreciating the carb fre diet). ANyways I joined jenny craig and yes it is expensive and yes it is a program etc etc but i have lost around 13kgs now and am sitting at around 67kgs :) The thing is, 62ish feels so much more achievable. I work out alot (much more than I did at 80kgs but I was still pretty active like you!!) now i am just waaay more active.. but i eat around 1500 cals and am not really limiting myself I eat 6 small meals a day and drink a tonne of water...

what is your water intake like?

I really recommend JC but let me know if you want more info

Court x
court

Postby Nikki.p » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 pm

hey court,
thanks for the advice i had recently been thinking of jenny craig but at this point in time before christmas i cant really fit it into my budget, so it will hav to wait to sumtime next year IF my weight doesnt start going down. my water intake probably isnt wat it should be im getting around 7 glasses a day but its something im trying to concentrate on.
the thing thats really hard right now is that even though i want to go see a dietition or personal trainer i still dont feel comfortable with my weight and so i keep putting it off, and i no that in probably a year ill be where i want to be but right now im just so embarrased i cant bring myself to do it.
im also feeling in the worst place, i think the daily weigh in is really killing my self esteem every time the weight goes down a few days later it goes higher then wat it was. i dont no if any1 can tell me but will depression and stress be a MAIN reason for my weight to be halting, because even though i dont want to admit it im so deprest, most days now i feel like staying at home and crying instead of been happy about life and being at work. i have had depression before and went to the doctors plenty of times and was given medication but even though it worked i think because i was really looking forward to losing alot of kilos b4 summer i think thats wats made it come bak.
i was thinking last nite that maybe my weight loss has finished and that how i am now is how ill be forever, i dont c why anything will change im doing everything right but no results. i pray thats not the case, i just guess maybe apart of me has givin up. anyway i will keep u guys updated, hopefully with good news soon.

NIKKI xoxoxo
Nikki.p

Postby rubyfox » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:51 pm

Hi Nikki
I've spoken to my sister and the name of the website is pinupbodies.com.au. I had a look at it and it seems pretty good - it's actually run by a dietitian who used to be overweight, so maybe it's ok. It's not free though, $25 I think for a program, but there is other stuff there that's free. Might be worth a look anyway. Don't give up on yourself Nikki, you're worth more than that!!!
Good luck
Ruby
xxx
rubyfox

Postby Kimba » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi Nikki,

So sorry to hear you're feeling so down.

Really try to focus on how far you've already come! 25kgs is a lot of weight to lose! Think of how much better you feel (and look) than before you lost any weight!

I know what you mean about wanting to be summer ready, I think I had unrealistic expectations of what I would look like and weigh by this point - I have a while to go before I will be comfortable in a bikini but I just try to focus on how much better I look and feel than I did before I started. Don't do the daily weigh ins, they are a killer, try to only weigh yourself weekly. I weigh myself more than I should and I might put on a little bit mid week and then lose by the end of the week - it's weird.

With the depression, please, please see a doctor if you think it is getting too bad. I know anti-depressants are not great (been on them before myself) but they do stop the extreme sadness.

Also, I know all of us in here are focused on losing weight but maybe you should also focus on all the other great things about yourself - what we look like isn't everything at the end of the day. Just remember to stick to things for your health and try not to worry about the numbers so much.

Just remember you're not alone, there is always someone to talk to :)

All the best.
Kimba

Postby Nikki.p » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:21 pm

hey kimba and ruby thank u so much for the support and help, i think last week was just a bad week it was that time of the month for me, i was grumpy and just let things get to me without thinking clearly. im feeling much better now i get good support from people around me so i just needed to realise how minor the things getting me upset were.
ruby thanks for sending me that website and plz thank ur sister for me aswell. i checked it out and it looks great, for $25 its an amazing price so early this week ill join and basically let them teach me wat to do.
hopefully in time ill c results and will defintely be keeping u guys posted on the progress and mayb even recommending it :)

NIKKI xoxoxo
Nikki.p

Postby mel16976 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:32 am

You are doing so well to lose what you already have. Hitting a plateau can be hard, but don't let it get you down or make you want to give up when you have come so far already. I run weight loss challenges in my local area and see the same thing happen with alot of people. Persistance and consistency in the end will pay off. Have you tried any weight loss replacements meals? They can be great to kick start weight loss and or beat that plateau. You don't have to replace 2 meals a day if you don't want, I had a lady lose 10.5 kg in ten weeks only having a smoothie for breakfast! Most of the people that come through my groups use Admin Censored to lose their weight and at the end of the day have also kept that weight off. If you do use a meal replacement, just be sure to use one that is nutritionally balanced, such as Admin Censored. Detox's can also be harmful to you so just watch which ones you use, as you could do more damage to yourself by using them. You need to start challenging your body more, and mixing things up, our bodies are so complex and when we are at a weight that our body has become used to it can make it very hard on you to loss weight.
mel16976

Postby Nikki.p » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:26 pm

hi again,
firstly just like to thank every1 who has replied and tried to help me get past my little plateau problem. unfortunately this is not my happiest post and u can guess that nothing has changed. i worked out last night that inspite of all my efforts i havent changed weight in over 8 months :( .
so that got me thinking maybe i should give up just as the thread title suggests, and then i thought wat was i giving up, i eat healthy every day, i dont have a sweet tooth at all so that wouldnt change. i think my biggest problem is ive had enough of cardio and weights, i was going so well with just a change of diet and ever since i started the walks, treadmill and weights i havent shown any improvement.
And i know that every1 says concentrate on the cm's ur losing and even though i measure monthly and am losing the size, not seeing it in the mirror or on the scales has probably pushed me to the decision that ive had enough of trying. so i dont really no wat im doing but i do no that all daily schedules, and calorie counting are on hold... i dunno how long 4, hopefully till i find the urge again to even care about wat im doing. unfortunately the plateau was just 2 big for me i couldnt find any way out and every change i made simply did not work.

NIKKI
Nikki.p

Postby wannabeslim » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:24 pm

hi Nikki,

i found the best website for weight loss. its womenshealthmag.com
they have a body deadline diet that has 4 week eating plans and full exercise plans

i really hope you dont give up, but i can see why you want to. its so unfair when what your doing isnt paying off.

i suggest you see a doc and get your thyroid checked.
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby Nikki.p » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:53 pm

hi wannabeslim,

thanks for the reply, i actually was on a set eating and exercise plan for the past week and previous too that probably another few months back as well, and they both didnt work. but your second suggestion i will be following up, so next week ill go for a check up of everything at the doctors and see wat they say.
last nite i did some research on the thyroid problem and alot of the symptoms that go with a thyroid disorder i have, so i am alittle scared about wat the doc will say as i hav no idea wat problems will come out of this but i am sort of abit happier knowing that if i do hav it then maybe there are ways of getting past it.

after the docs ill post up wat they think and hopefully its good news for a better start to 2010.

NIKKI
Nikki.p

Postby rubyfox » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi Nikki,

You sound really sad! If you've been on an eating and exercise plan for a week, maybe you should give it a bit longer to work. I know when I went through something similar last year that it took a while for a change on the scales, even though everyone was saying I looked different and my clothes felt better - the scales wouldn't budge. I don't know why, but eventually it did change even though I was doing the same thing. Our bodies are unpredictable, mine is anyway. I wish there was something I could say to help, except just to stick with it. Did you get your plan from Pin Up Bodies? I'm thinking of getting one from them as I still have a couple of kilos that won't go away. And about the thyroid thing, it's possible that you do have a problem there,I think it's pretty common in women. Worth while getting it checked. Hope you're feeling more positive soon.

Ruby
xxx
rubyfox

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk