It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:36 pm

Free Newsletter

8kg in 6 weeks - possible?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

8kg in 6 weeks - possible?

Postby I-Wanna-Be-A-Yummy-Mummy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 am

I want to lose 8kg by Christmas - today I'm starting the CS programme. Do you think it will be possible to lose 8kg in 6 weeks? Any hints and tips along the way?
Me - 25
DH - 29
DS - 2yrs
DD - 11mths
I-Wanna-Be-A-Yummy-Mummy

Re: 8kg in 6 weeks - possible?

Postby miranda*jane » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:36 am

I did CS last year. I started at 105kg and a week and a half into it, I'd lost 5kg. With CS, you really ahve to be strict with yourself. I found that I was doing great for the first two weeks, but once I'd gone out for tea and have snitzle and chips (i know, I know...naughty me), I found it harder and harder to stick to. I didn't really like the shakes, though the meal bars are nice. There's also a tablet that you can get in the CS range too, but I forget what it's called. It has chromium init, which helps stop sweets cravings, and I think it's an appetite suppressant/metabolism speeder-upper.

My older sister also used the program, and lost 10kg in 8 weeks. And she's since lost a little more, andkept it off for over 2 years.

My tips, are keep lost of cut up vegies in the fridge, stock up on diet jelly, and as I said before, be strict on yourself. Chuck in a walk everyday, and the wieght will fall off, I'm sure

Good luck with it :D
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby I-Wanna-Be-A-Yummy-Mummy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I might go and chop up a few carrots to leave in the fridge. Its really weird getting used to all the 'allowed' fruit and vege and working out portion sizes is hard too.

I want to buy an exercise bike to have for in the morning during breakfast/tv time for the kids. Also for late at night while I'm watching tv! I may as well be burning calories whilst I'm sitting there LOL.
Me - 25
DH - 29
DS - 2yrs
DD - 11mths
I-Wanna-Be-A-Yummy-Mummy

Postby Czarina » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:44 am

Those shake diets do not provide you with anywhere near enough energy, especially if you are a mum! Check out http://www.calorieking.com.au, it's free, you get to eat real food, you don't have to be stupidly restrictive and you won't go hungry! And most importantly, it works - look at my ticker...
Czarina

Postby John » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:57 am

Sure, it's possible, but it's hard work and is it really worth it? Only you can decide. Let's do some maths. When someone starts to lose weight, they often "empty out" which means say that they lose roughly 1kg almost immediately. That means there's only 7kg to go. 6 weeks is 42 days, you lose at the rate of 70g a day (half a kilo a week), which is definitely doable, without exercise (it's a low value because I'm guessing you'll be close to goal). That's 3kg leaving 4kg that you need to lose through exercise. Now comes the grey area. As an estimate, you'd need to run for about 90 minutes per day for those 42 days in order to lose 4kg. It could be 70 minutes or it could be 140 minutes.

So in order to lose 8kg by exercise and dieting, you'd need to run for 63 hours, roughly in total. That's a long time! If you decide to try it, I'd suggest you count kilojoules and also weigh every day. It could be done, sure, but it would require lots of precision eating and exercise. You might want to read this blog, the woman lost 20 pounds in 10 weeks, using exercise and diet, but you'd be after a higher loss than her. http://lose20poundsin10weeks.blogspot.com/
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby I-Wanna-Be-A-Yummy-Mummy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:10 am

Czarina wrote:Those shake diets do not provide you with anywhere near enough energy, especially if you are a mum! Check out http://www.calorieking.com.au, it's free, you get to eat real food, you don't have to be stupidly restrictive and you won't go hungry! And most importantly, it works - look at my ticker...

I was worried about energy actually.

I tried to join calorie king once but it didnt work. I might check it out again. I think I was unable to download the software or something - cant remember.

Do you have to enter everything into it every day? How does it work (in a nutshell lol)

I'm also about to begin C25K so hopefully that helps too.
Me - 25
DH - 29
DS - 2yrs
DD - 11mths
I-Wanna-Be-A-Yummy-Mummy

Postby John » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:16 am

Hey I just checked out your other posting, I'll redo my calculations. Given that you aren't close to goal, you'll be able to lose 100g a day easily only through dieting, which means that you only need to lose 7-4.2=3.8kg through exercise. That's about 32 hours in total, about 45 minutes per day, give or take some. You'd still need to use precision eating and weighing daily though.
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby Czarina » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:27 am

You don't have to download the software, you can just use the online diary. Basically, you enter in your details - height, weight, activity level, etc, and it will give you the number of calories you need to consume to lose .5kg - 1kg a week (the healthy rate you should be aiming for). It will even generate a meal plan for you if you want.

Day to day, what you do is enter your food into the diary, using the food database. You also enter in your exercise, and you eat those calories back. The aim is to get all green ticks on you home page at the end of the day. If you have a fair bit of weight to lose, you will be eating quite a bit of food. I know it might seem strange, eating so much to lose weight, but believe me, it works!
Czarina

Postby I-Wanna-Be-A-Yummy-Mummy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:32 am

I just reset my old account and WOW - That is SO much easier than I realised! I think I might give the shakes the flick... I'll use the rest of them, but I'm really worried about using them. I've always been against them - I seriously dont know why i bought them lol.

And this 8kg in 6 weeks - well I'll give it my best shot (thanks for the calculations John!) but I think I'll be happy with 5kg by Christmas. I just want to do it the right way and the healthy way - I guess I'm desperate to loose all this weight :(

Plus I'm still part time breastfeeding my daughter and I'm worried about losing my supply. Shakes really aren't the best thing for us anyway I guess.
Me - 25
DH - 29
DS - 2yrs
DD - 11mths
I-Wanna-Be-A-Yummy-Mummy

Postby Oliviasf » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:49 pm

hi Yummy-Mummy

By the way I love your name.

I tried to do see if I could loose 800 g per week but I've only been able to loose on average 400 g per week. But it seems everyone is so different! I know how difficult it is with kids and babies.

I recon to make sure your milk supply doesn't take a knock try and still eat good fats and proteins so the quality is still good, or baby will be hungry by not getting richer milk. I found that happened with me...

I've managed to drop a few kilos by toning up and doing a bit of cardio. I have really found I've lost more inches than it's showing on the scales. Other things that have helped me is drinking green tea, also donig calorie cycling (so your body doesn't get used to you eating the same amt each day and plateau). My biggest thing I think has been building muscle & toning.

How old are your kiddies / babies?
All the best!
Oli
Goal is to lose another 2 kgs

Starting : 69.5 kg
Goal 65 kg - reached 5/11/09
Goal 64 kg - reached 15/01/10
Goal 62 kg - reached 30/04/10
Goal 61 kg - reached 01/06/2010
Goal 58 kg

Oliviasf

Postby largemummy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:52 am

i just read your post and the one thing that hit me was that you were going to do shakes while breast feeding. PLEASE for the sake of your childs health do not take shakes or bars while breast feeding i can not stress that enough!!!! they state on them not to be used while breastfeeding/ lactating and also not for consumption by children... i cant remember the name of the chemicals exactly off the top of my head but they are not good for the growth and development of children!!!! i have recently stopped breast feeding and looked into the products while i was still lactating and the one thing that was told to me by all chemist/ doctors/ TonyF consultants etc was do not do if lactating! SORRY for being so blunt about it all but it scares me to think of the chemicals that can affect the children with out you realising. Healthy eating adding at least an extra 500 calories (of good foods) while breastfeeding (advice from dietician at NSW health department) and exercising each day, add some heavier weights with slower more controlled movements while concentrating on your technique will also add lean muscle and boost your metabolism. good luck feel free to message me! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Return to Weight loss Talk