It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Duromine Isn't Working :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Duromine Isn't Working :(

Postby Wockets » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi Guys, I have been on Duromine 30mg for 1 week and 4 days now, the first few days I had the worst dry mouth ever and a little trouble sleeping. I don't seem to have any energy or motivation to do anything though! I can't seem to peel myself off the damn couch!! and when I do it's because I have to give myself a lecture about how much money I spent on this pill and how I should be at least walking around or something!!! and even when I force myself to do something I start feeling sooooo hungry!!!!!! I am sure this isnt what is suppose to be happening and after reading sooo many other peoples experience on Duromine I feel like I should have at least lost 1kg and or at least not wanting to eat!!! I guess I just dont understand this drug? Does it work differently for everyone??? Maybe it takes longer for it to kick in???? Ahhh it's so fustrating. I have tried speaking to my docter about it and he couldnt answer my questions or explain why it hasnt done anything for me but make me sweat a lot and space out! Has anyone else had issues like this while using Duromine?? I would love to hear about it!

Luff Fe xo
Wockets

Re: Duromine Isn't Working :(

Postby miss_viva » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:08 pm

I don't take Duromine, but under the 'True Stories' section of this board, there is a thread called 'My Experiences on Duromine', and I'm sure if you have a read through there, you might find some information/advice, or people that can maybe help you with what you're experiencing :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Czarina » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:37 pm

It's a version of speed, that's why it is messing you up so much! It also doesn't teach you anything about healthy, sustainable weight loss. Ditch the poison and check out http://www.calorieking.com.au instead, it works and it's free!
Czarina

Postby Daisybeck » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:48 pm

I worked with a lady a few years ago who was put in Duromine. She would come in in the mornings talking at warp speed, wide-eyed and totally jittered up on the stuff. She didn't lose any weight and was kind of tiresome to be around. I felt like I needed a lie down after any conversation with her. For me I don't think it would be something I would personally try but then it may suit others and work well for them.
Daisybeck

Postby Jisgone » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:49 am

Maybe you need to motivate yourself rather than using drugs to do it?
Even if duromine was effective if you are not willing to make the effort yourself you wont lose weight and keep it off!
Jisgone

Postby carla » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:48 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Duromine is a gimmick created by cunning people to exploit people, particularly women, who feel terrible about themselves. I have not heard anything good about it from those whom I know (in real life) who have used it, and only that it screws up your mood and can cause severe depression after the initial 'feel good' sensation. A nasty little number!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby tiddliewinkz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:01 am

OK so hopefully I don't get attacked for posting this but I'm currently on Duromine. Its not a magic drug and if you arent willing to try and improve your eating or exercise you shouldnt be on it. I had a massive obsession with food and desperately tried to get out of it. I would eat out of boredom and any emotion really to the point where I'd feel sick. I wanted to improve my eating and exercise more to make me a healthy person than anything else and obviously to get out of that habit. Duromine didn't give me any extra energy, but it controlled my cravings. I still knew when I was hungry and would make sure that I ate at that time, but I didnt desire food when I didnt need it which was my main issue. If you are expecting to be able to sit on the couch and make no attempt to improve your habits then it probably wont work. Like I said though, it isnt a wonder drug and probably doesnt work for a lot of people. If you're one of those people then maybe try something else? I'm sure heaps of guys on here would have some amazing suggestions and tips. Good luck with it all :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wydYwIn/]
[/url]

1st goal... 65kg by the end of June 2010
2nd goal... 60kg by the end of August 2010
3rd goal... 55kg by the end of October 2010
Final goal... maintain it FOR EVER!!!
tiddliewinkz

Postby Wockets » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:02 am

I don't sit on the couch out of choice is my point!!! I am on a controlled healthy eating plan (consuming 1200 calories a day) and as for my excercise I ride 2k's a day. I want this. I want to loose weight and be healthy. That's why I agreed to use Duromine in the first place to help stop the cravings because I LOVE FOOD. The thing is, it hasnt stopped my cravings at all. I still want chocolate and think about what I could eat and I could literally eat it. Its almost like Duromine is making me lathargic and have no energy at all. Since taking it, I can not physically and mentally do it. I don't know why this is and my docters don't understand either. Last night I was violently ill and I had not eatin anything different nor excercised less. I have decided that Duromine is messing up my system in a BAD way and maybe even my mind. Today will be my first day Duromine Free and I am hoping the feeling my body and mind is feeling will go away sooner than later.
Wockets

Postby Czarina » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:13 am

Wockets, 1200 calories is nowhere near enough calories! You must be either in the upper overweight, or obese range to have been prescribed Duromine, you need to be eating a lot more - otherwise you will have nowhere to move when you get closer to goal...
Czarina

Postby tiddliewinkz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Doesnt sound like Duromine is working for you then, I'd probably get off it seeing as it gives you more negative symptoms than positive ones. There are other medications around, otherwise do you factor in your cravings into your daily calories? Maybe get a block of good dark chocolate and allow yourself a piece a day? Seeing as its so rich it might take away the rest of the cravings. Are you losing any weight so far? you should be if you're riding and on restricted calories
[/url]

tiddliewinkz

Postby Wockets » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:56 pm

I haven't lost any weight and I been working my ass off for three weeks now!! I am only 154cm in height and I weigh 90KG. For my height, apparently I am suppose to be around 55-60kg. I don't know if I am on the correct calories a day but all the websites I have gone to have indicated I be on 1200 calories. I have decided to book myself a SureSlim Wellness Clinic Appointment so they can put me on the right track for eating and understanding my body better, I seem to be getting nowhere with my docter.

Thanks for all the imput :)
Wockets

Postby tiddliewinkz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:15 pm

have you even thought of something like lite n easy? then you have all your meals sorted for you so then you know that that is all good, and if you're doing exercise maybe extend the time? How long does it take you to do 2km? Maybe try and extend - or run to vary it? Good luck with it all, hopefully you'll start losing weight soon
[/url]

tiddliewinkz

Postby HappyGirl83 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Wockets go to calorieking.com.au, fill out your profile and it will let you know how many calories you should be on. Being overweight/obese, our bodies need a lot of calories just to function, throw in some exercise and it's no wonder you feel awful!!

Also I am going to add cravings for certain foods and mindless eating are often an emotional/mind issue. It would be a lot healthier to find out why you want to reach for these foods rather than looking for a drug to help ignore them. You can't be on Duromine forever!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Czarina » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:57 am

HappyGirl83 wrote:Wockets go to calorieking.com.au, fill out your profile and it will let you know how many calories you should be on. Being overweight/obese, our bodies need a lot of calories just to function, throw in some exercise and it's no wonder you feel awful!!

Also I am going to add cravings for certain foods and mindless eating are often an emotional/mind issue. It would be a lot healthier to find out why you want to reach for these foods rather than looking for a drug to help ignore them. You can't be on Duromine forever!

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Czarina

Postby Wockets » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks for all the helpful advice!!!! I went to calorieking and WOW!!! Being told I am obese by a website kinda hit home really hard. My calorie intake was way out!!! I have now changed my eating plan to allow for the extra calories and heres too starting all over again!!! I dont think I will use Duromine as I know I need to deal with the emotional side of things and Duromine was just mentally draining me more!!!

So thanks again :)

Luff Fe xo
Wockets

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk