It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:25 am

Free Newsletter

Silly season

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Silly season

Postby fi_112 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Hey everyone,
Well the silly season is almost here and I'm trying to formulate a plan to avoid weight-gain (or even keep losing) over X-mas. A few ideas I have are -
let myself indulge, but only in the things I really love, not every single thing that is put in front of me!
up my cardio a bit around big events.
Anyone else have ideas of how they're going to manage? I read in WH that the average women eats 25, 000 KJ on chrissy day!!!! that's like, 6250 calories.. haha!!!
xxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Re: Silly season

Postby Daisybeck » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:52 pm

I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with it yet. I think I'll just wing it and see how things go when the time comes. If I do over indulge then I'll at least make the committment to count all the extra calories I consume so I at least have some kind of idea where I stand and what I need to do afterwards. I'm planning to forgive myself ahead of time. Guilt just makes me want to eat more. So eliminating any feelings of guilt is important for me personally.
Daisybeck

Postby HappyGirl83 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:04 pm

If you eat healthy and exercise for the majority of the other days of the year, Christmas should be a day where you can indulge a little with family and friends. I am planning on not worrying at all about calories on Dec 25th. We will be having a BBQ and seafood spread and a lot of what we are having will be pretty healthy. I am going to allow myself to have whatever I want and not dwell or think about it, I won't log the calories because I know finding out how many I went over could make me stress and feel guilty. But only for Christmas day! December 24th and 26th etc are business as usual!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Daisybeck » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:38 pm

I've had to re-organise Christmas due to car problems and will be spending Christmas day by myself just with my baby girl (my cat). My family is booking a motel and coming down to see me instead the weekend after New Years. Before anyone starts to feel bad for me, don't. I'm thrilled about it. My family live quite a distance away and I only get to see them once or twice a year and Chistmas Day is usually mad and we don't get to sit down and catch up like we would like to. I've got my Christmas Day all planned out. Firstly, I'M SLEEPING IN. lol! Then I'm going to cook my specialty - a slow cooked lamb shank in red wine and cranberry sauce with mashed taters and shredded baby spinach with peas and mint sauce on the side. For afters I'm making my walnut apple crumble. I'm going to spoil the cat rotten with a saucer of cream and a salmon steak.

For one day I will not be counting calories. I may still walk though. I'm really looking forward to it actually; no 6 hour round trip or mad traffic in the heat. And knowing I get to spend quality time with my folks for a change. Plus I can do my Christmas shopping during the Boxing Day sales. :P :D
Daisybeck

Postby wannabeslim » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:23 pm

im just going to try and eat the healthier food and watch my portions. im not going to stress, but im not going overboard either.
good luck to everyone!
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby Jinx » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:04 pm

My plan of attack. Have a glass of water with me so I'm not tempted to eat the snacks. Take plates of food that are healthy so everyone can indulge without feeling left out and not drink alcohol.
To achieve my goal by end of Jan 2010 to fit into my dress
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfpwatQ/]
[/url]
Jinx

Postby Gutsy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:55 pm

I am also just going to try and control my portions and make the more healthy choice. It is Christmas after all :D I have Christmas eve with my mom's family, that is normally a fairly healthy occasion with cold meats & salads. But then hubby's whole familiy will be at our place for a more traditional Christmas lunch on the 25'th, so it will not be easy. At least I will be quite busy making and serving food on Christmas day, so hopefully I will have less time to indulge.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby fi_112 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:39 am

Thanks everyone for your comments.
Daisybeck - wow enjoy your solo christmas! Sounds like you are pretty happy with that plan :)

My Plan of Attack
- Minimise alcohol - no drinking christmas eve or christmas day (I have BBQs on the 26th and 27th that I will have a few drinks at), and drink vodka and sprite zero only
- Fruit and an egg for breakfast
- Take my big daddy water bottle and drink lots of it
- Wear a tight waist belt! It sounds strange but it's like gastric banding!!
- Pick my treats and enjoy what I choose
- Extra cardio today, tomorrow and Saturday

Have a great one everybody!!! xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Return to Weight loss Talk