It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:26 am

Free Newsletter

I feel like giving up

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I feel like giving up

Postby Carley » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:42 pm

I feel like giving up...I suffer from a hormone in balance, which creates breast milk, and controls weight gain etc. I gain weight very easily and have a lot of trouble losing it. At the moment I'm tired of fighting so hard to lose 500 grams then suddenly gain 1-2 kilos then fighting so hard to lose it. I want to throw my hands up in the air and scream! :evil:

vent over....for now!
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Re: I feel like giving up

Postby John » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:30 pm

I feel like giving up too, you know. I've lost and gained over 100kg over the years, in little bits, though. We all have our bad days, hang in there. If you feel like giving up, see if you can pause the weight loss, and not gain. I've found that usually the motivation comes back, after I've had a break. Motivation leaves randomly, and it returns randomly.
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby tiddliewinkz » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Carley... you have done amazingly and are almost there! Don't give up - and maintaining the weight you are now is good too if you can stick to that. Good luck xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wydYwIn/]
[/url]

1st goal... 65kg by the end of June 2010
2nd goal... 60kg by the end of August 2010
3rd goal... 55kg by the end of October 2010
Final goal... maintain it FOR EVER!!!
tiddliewinkz

Postby Carley » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:27 am

tiddliewinkz wrote:Carley... you have done amazingly and are almost there! Don't give up - and maintaining the weight you are now is good too if you can stick to that. Good luck xx

I know I could maintain 77-78k, but my biggest problem is it is still over weight for me. Stupid BMI humbug! :shock:
Goal for 2016:
Carley

Postby Carley » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:28 am

TBH I'd be happy if I could get my weight under 75k, then I'd be happy maintaining. It has to be better then 106k right?
Goal for 2016:
Carley

Postby sarahm » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:51 am

hi carley. sorry to hear your feeling low. yes 77 kg is WAY better than 106kgs- i was 105 kgs and remeber how rotten i felt. think about the amazing changes in your body..maybe stop focusing on the weight. ? hard i know..but it might help a little. what size are you wearing now? you must have a greater choice in clothes( i was wearing anything that fit for ages there). johns advice is good- i have been working on maintenance..only now am ready to try losing again. my BMI is still too high also-but we dont all slot neatly into medical charts. having a medical condition that makes weight loss difficult is reason to feel even prouder of what you have achieved..i am on meds that predispose me to gaining also...we need to be kind to ourselves. it has been a LONG year for us-so much focus and effort sustained. also theendless responsibilities of being a mum and wife, daughter and friend..and upteen other roles. quality of life is so important-do hope you can nuture yourself a little and remember, to many others on here struggling to shed even a kilo-you are an inspiration. please take care.! :)
sarahm

Postby tiddliewinkz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:59 pm

You'll get under 75kg... just give yourself time, you've come this far so take it easy for a while and then maybe start pushing yourself again when you think you're ready. After losing that much weight maybe your body just needs a break? I have all the confidence in the world that you'll get there
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wydYwIn/]
[/url]

1st goal... 65kg by the end of June 2010
2nd goal... 60kg by the end of August 2010
3rd goal... 55kg by the end of October 2010
Final goal... maintain it FOR EVER!!!
tiddliewinkz

Return to Weight loss Talk