It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:17 am

Free Newsletter

Low fat diet question

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Low fat diet question

Postby Carley » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:19 am

Could a very low fat diet stopping me lose weight? I rarely use oil, I rarely have butter, my diet is mostly fruits, vegetables, even lean meat I use the health grill. I have cheese, but low fat and mostly use lite philly spread. Could this be my problem?
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos

Re: Low fat diet question

Postby court » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:06 am

Im not sure if it makes a differenc to your weightloss perse but definitely your health Carley :)
try to incorporate healthy fats like almonds, avocado, olive oils and even a small scrape of peanut butter is good :)
I have about two fat serves a day... i.e. a serve is 1TBSP avo, 1tsp p/butter,olive oil, 6 almonds

Re: Low fat diet question

Postby Daisybeck » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:13 am

The whole, 'low fat, no fat, full fat' thing is something that I tend to ignore these days. I drink full fat milk and eat full fat cheese and have a little butter on my corn cobs most nights and I'm still losing weight. What's most important is good nutrition and making sure you don't eat more calories than you burn off.

I personally think the whole low fat food obsession in society today is a big part of the reason why so many people are overweight. There are a lot of people out there who think if they eat little or no fat they will not put on weight but they completely fail to keep an eye on how many calories they consume. Many foods labelled as 99% fat free are loaded with sugar and calories to make them more palatable. It's one of the biggest money making scams of modern times.

The only reason I look at the fat information on the nutritional information labels is to see if it's saturated or palm derived.

Carley what you're eating sounds perfect but there would be no harm what so ever to add a little more healthy fats into your day. Do you eat many carbs? I have about four slices of good quality multi grain bread each day as the fibre aids in weight loss as well.

Return to Weight loss Talk