It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 am

Free Newsletter

Can't seem to lose anything !

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Can't seem to lose anything !

Postby Sera3219 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi I'm currently taking duromine 30 mg but I only take it every second day, I eat 3 times a day although it's never very much as i always get full so quick and am never hungry. I so step exercises for 30 Mins a day and still nothing ! What am I Doing wrong ? I need sum advice as I'm only 21 and gained over 20kgs with my son who's now 15 months!
Sera3219

Re: Can't seem to lose anything !

Postby largemummy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:41 pm

hi, i have a 15 month old girl and put on 30kgs trying to get it off,
i recomend eating 5-6 meals a day i know its hard!!! but have breakfat then an apple with a slice of cheese, lunch(salad sandwich with cheese or meat), then a snack with some sort of protein (egg or lean ham) then dinner of lean meat and vege.. and if you need something later a snack of nuts etc... plus at least 2litres of water a day (over the day not all at once) remember small decent serves of foods. calorie king website is also quite good and free!!!
also grab 2 cans of baked beansor cans of anything soup/ tomatos (start with 400gm tins and we will ork p as your strength improves) and do some arm curls, side lateral lifts , squats with arms out front and lunges... just some simple weight bearing exercises in conjunction with your step exercises. make sure your step exercises are getting the heart rate up and that you feel puffed and cant hold a conversation.
hopefully this will help to jump start your metabolism and by doing the weights you will create lean muscle which will help you loose weight!!!!
good luck and if you have any questions yell out!!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby Sera3219 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:07 am

Hi thanks for the advice, was very helpful. I think my problem is mainly eating too little like today I had a peice of toast for breaky and sum chicken for lunch n that's all n that's without duromine when I'm on duromine I usually eat a peice of toast or an apple. But I only eat so little because everytime I eat I feel guilty n have to exercise straight after n it wears me out doing that 3 times a day ! .. I'll definatly take on board your advice n hopefully i start getting sum results thanks again !
Sera3219

Postby largemummy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:47 am

i work in a womens only gym as a fitness instructor and i see women like you every day (plus i have done the same thing)!!!! i cant stress enough that you need to eat to loose weight, by only eating small amounts your body goes into starvation mode (you may not feel hungry but your body is starving) when in starvation mode your body is in panic mode, it is unsure of when it will get its next meal and saves every last bit of energy it can as fat to be used later. what you need to do is start eating regular meals of a variety of foods fruit vege and proteins and do it consistently so your body cliks out of starvation mode, your metabolism will kick back in and then you will be on your way to a healthy steady weihtloss, try having cereal and a peice of fruit for breakfast, if all you have time for is toast put penut butter on it and grab an apple on your way out the door. make sure you have a substantial breakfast as that kick starts your metabolism for the rest of the day. goodluck :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby mel16976 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:18 am

Hi I run weight loss challenges and see many people come through and their biggest mistake is that they don't eat enough. I know it sounds weird, but by eating to little your body goes into survival mode and stores what you eat as excess fat. Four to five small healthy meals a day is what you should be aiming at. Have you thought about going on a meal replacement for a month or two to give your weight loss a kick start? Admin Censored is the one program that I have seen repeated results on and everyone that I have met that has done this program along with exercise, has kept the weight off in the long term. Remember to boost your protein intake. Protein builds muscle, excercise strengthens muscle. The secret to maintianing your weight once you have lost it is to ensure that whilst losing the weight, you are also building lean muscle and lowering your fat percentage. Having a higher percentage of muscle over fat will give you are faster metabolism. Hang in there persistance and consistency is the key to weight loss.
mel16976

Return to Weight loss Talk