It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:46 am

Free Newsletter

Xmas Challenge

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Xmas Challenge

Postby Molly » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi all,
It’s that time of year again with at least one party a week not to mention the afternoon teas I have put a lot of thought into how I can get thru this season without to much damage to my diet I have decided I will be good right the way thru to Xmas day that will be my reward I will enjoy my Christmas pudding and brandy custard for lunch and Mums famous rumballs for afternoon tea, with no guilt but until then I will be good and here is how I plan to do it.

By taking healthy snacks to all my parties, by having soft drink (diet of course) and how I plan to accomplish this is by keeping my eye on the prize Christmas dinner. Now I can’t tell you if this is a sure fire way to not over indulge over the silly season but I am going to give it a try. I have been busily looking for the healthy options to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Ok so thats my plan for Xmas and I guess the only way to see if it works is to check my weight now and again after Xmas so for me I am now 78.9 kg.

And here’s the challenge how many of you will try this with me your plan might differ from mine but by sharing ideas we just might get thru it together without blowing our diets so just add your CW in a reply then in a month let us know what you have lost also add some tips so we can support each other Oh and have yourselves a Merry little Christmas.

Molly

Re: Xmas Challenge

Postby Molly » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi again
Here are some of the ideas I have so far perhaps you can add some here and we could try for a healthy Christmas season together.

I won’t wait till I get hungry I will start nibbling at the healthy options and hopefully I will find I don’t end up getting really hungry and overeating. Nuts can be a problem for me so I will try eating pistachios or other nuts in their shells. Cracking the shells takes time and I won't be able to eat as many well thats my theory.

Homemade dip for 8 people
Spoon 500g of smooth, fat-reduced ricotta, cottage cheese, silken tofu or natural yoghurt into a blender or food processor. Add any of the following for flavour, and blend until combined: 1 avocado, 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of chopped chilli 100g of smoked salmon pieces, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and black pepper small can drained beetroot and 1/2 teaspoon cumin 1 roughly chopped Lebanese cucumber and 1-2 crushed cloves of garlic

Hommus (always a healthier option)
You can make a very healthy hommus from drained, canned chick peas (400g can) blended with 2 cloves garlic, 1-2 tablespoons of tahini and 2 tablespoons each of natural yoghurt and lemon juice.

Dip accompaniments
Raw vegetables: try carrot sticks, green beans, snow peas (remove strings), zucchini and celery. Broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus can be dropped into boiling water for 1 minute, drained and then rinsed under the cold tap to keep them crisp.
Rice crackers or thin wafer crackers.
Rye bread cut into small triangles or squares.
Pitta bread: spray with olive oil, sprinkle with poppy and sesame seeds and bake in the oven until crisp. You can also try different herbs and seasonings

Deserts are a danger for I love cheese cake but I like fruit to and a healthy option is a fruit platter so I will make it a point to take one to each party I go to.

Molly

Re: Xmas Challenge

Postby Molly » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:15 pm

I am sorry to say that my plan to get thru xmas and new year without any damage was a complete disaster. I am now going to have to do some fancy footwork to get back on track with my diet but I will do it I think it might take a week or two to get back to where I was but I know I can do it.

Molly

Return to Weight loss Talk