It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:30 am

Free Newsletter

Back and trying a new strategy

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Back and trying a new strategy

Postby BubbleKitty » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi everyone :)
I have only made one post before, introducing myself and announcing i was going to do the optifast program....well, i tried..i really really tried and i have found that that diet, i think because its so restrictive has really caused me to begin binge eating :( I was thinking about it last night, in the last 7 years i have literally jumped from one diet to another, some very restrictive (Optifast, Sureslim, Atkins) to some not so restrictive (Weight watchers) i have probably been on 15 different diets....and ive decided ive had enough! I am putting so much pressure on myself ALL the time, you MUST lose 50k by this date, DONT eat that food, make sure you eat ths, that many grams of that, take those pills, count the points for that etc...it has taken over my entire life....and i have only managed to GAIN weight in the process :( SO im going to try a new approach, and just tackle each meal, one at a time, and make it healthy...im going to take away the word DIET and any rules that go with it and for the first time in 7 years, im just going to Be. Im going to eat. Wow...lol what a relief to say that...im so used to starving and bingeing...I am going to eat, healthily and take the pressure off...I dont need to be a size 14 tomorrow....but if i eat healthy at every meal (or as often as i possibly can) and get my booty walking....im sure ill get there :)
Sorry that was so long lol it was a real lightbulb moment for me!! :D xxx
BubbleKitty

Re: Back and trying a new strategy

Postby Aylilth » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Welcome and good luck
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wngemn5/]
[/url]

Come follow me on my blog
Aylilth

Postby miss_viva » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi Bubblekitty and welcome back :)

I completely agree about your 'lightbulb' moment, and it really sounds like you're on the right track now! When I first started, I was just like you: I'd tried all of these different diets and gym memberships etc, and nothing seemed to work. I'd always end up being too restrictive with myself and seeing good results for about 3 months or so, and then EVERY TIME after those three months, the motivation would wear off and I'd end up binge eating and going back to where I started from, plus a few extra kilos.

I don't claim to be perfect or know it all, but I really think that just trying to make better food choices and exercising is the way to go. It's not about depriving yourself or cutting out entire food groups: it's about enjoying things in moderation and working that into your eating plan. For example, I'm a massive chocolate addict, but instead of eating a (family :oops: ) block several times a week, I just have a little bit every now and again and I find it helps to keep the cravings away. If you deprive yourself, you just end up craving that particular thing more and end up on binge eating. (Been there and done that recently!)

Most importantly, when/if you do slip up, it's important to realise that you just have to put it behind you and move on. DON'T GIVE UP! I went on a binge a couple of weeks or go, and then just suddenly thought 'what am I doing to myself? I've worked SO hard to lose this weight, and if I continue to do this, I'm just going to end up back where I started again'. So I stopped. That was a big deal to me, because every other time, I'd just given up and thought 'well, my diet is ruined now, it doesn't matter....' and kept on eating. Two weeks or so later, I've reached a new lowest weight!

Just remember: we didn't put all of this weight on in just a few weeks/months, so we can't expect to lose it all that quickly either :)

All the best, I know you can do it this time!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby fi_112 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:03 pm

Good luck!! What an awesome attitude. Just try your best to be as healthy as you can, and try and do 12 000 steps a day! Maybe buy a pedometer?
Also - Calorie King might help you figure out how much to eat? xxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby lynz1981 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:07 pm

It is great to see that you are in a great frame of mind :D eating healthy and exercising is the key to losing weight....says me who hates exercising! LOL :oops:
This forum is also great to chat to other people in the same situation and really try and support each other and keep up motivation. I have only recently started my change in lifestlye too so i am here whenever for a chat :D Goodluck !
Starting Weight 112 KG 01.11.09
Weigh In 110.1 KG 06.12.09
Weight In 107.1 KG 13.12.09
lynz1981

Return to Weight loss Talk