It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:07 am

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson - Chat 12

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby louise » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:06 pm

everytime i walk past my local chemist lately it has been so busy with people joining the tony ferguson program. what about it makes it so good? once i went in and heard people being introduced to it and heard them being told, they could have 2 or 3 pieces of fruit a day or otherwise could substitute it for 2 or 3 additional alcoholic beverages, that sounded weird to me. can't do without yummy nutrituous fruit!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
louise

Postby Hayley » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:48 pm

Hi Louise, welcome to the forum!

Um, I don't know why you heard them saying you could substitute 2-3 pieces of fruit for alcohol - I've been told by my consultant (and it's in the book you get with the program), that alcohol is a big no no. We are allowed maximum of 2 pieces of fruit each day, which does me just fine. Have a look at their site http://www.tonyferguson.com if you're interested in finding out why the program is so good - it explains everything really well.

Kate, what's your user name on the TF forum? I'll have to watch out for you.

Dolly, these lollies I mnetioned weren't DD lollies, they're a different brand I've never seen and were so yummy!

Have a great weekend everyone...and thanks again for your support!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:54 pm

hi hayley

my username is kate_turner2000

i dont post i usually just read :) but i check out your progress when i see your name pop up hehe.

you're doing so well mate. im glad things are working out well for you :)
kate_turner2000

Postby louise » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:57 pm

yeah i thought the thing about fruit substituting was really weird! Maybe they were talking to someone who wasn't prepared to forget their alcohol?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
louise

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:11 pm

Dolly, unfortunately I found out that the shakes are milk based. I sent off an email, and was told that they weren't suitable for a vegan diet.

When I noticed that they had soups available, I emailed again asking the same question, and was told they were all okay, apart from the chicken one. So I ordered some online and when I got them looked at the ingredients, and again based on milk and milk products! The lady admitted that she had made a mistake, but I'm too lazy to go through the return process... so I've been drinking them! Far out, it's like drinking a lead brick :shock: :lol:

Anyway, I got the book as well with the order, and it does in fact state that you can have a glass of wine, but that you can substitute a glass of dry wine for one of the pieces of fruit :o

"An approximation is that one glass of wine can be enjoyed in place of one of your pieces of fruit. So if you usually have a piece of fruit at 11am and another at 3pm, but you know you will be meeting with friends for drinks after work, substitue the fruit for extra protein ... and be sensible about your alcohol intake"

Very interesting :?
SarahC

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:51 pm

Hi Sarah, thanks for letting me know about the milk content of the shakes, it's just as well my younger sister didn't join the program then, she's lactose intolerant :shock:
Kate if you ever go to the TF forum you will usually see my posts in the 'Weigtloss Discussion' section under the name BigMama.
Hayley thanks for letting me know about the new brand of lollies, I will definately be keeping my eyes opened for them.
Have you tried any of the Birds eye steamed fillets yet, they do taste delish.

Well the chinese food I had tonight seemed pretty heavy and very delish. I hadn't eaten all day so I could allow for the extra calories. I had two tablespoons of steamed rice as I needed some carbs. I don't think I'll be ready to face the scales for a couple of days 8)
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:41 am

glad you enjoyed your dinner dolly :) will keep an eye out for your posts on the forum. im occasionally there :)

hi sarah sorry you are having a rought time with the tf diet. thats a shocker! they should be able to tell you off hand whether or not they have milk products in them!
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:02 am

Thanks Kate.
Louise, normally alcohol and coffee are toxins that delay the liver processing food quickly but if there is a celebration going on, he program will allow you to swap 1 fruit for 1 glass of wine with no major effect to the program. Yesterday being my wedding anniversary I swapped my days food for a chinese dinner and my 2 pieces of fruit for 2 glasses of champagne and I still lost .1 of a kilo over night. I guess once the liver has been cleaned by the healthy TF diet, it's able to quickly process an occasional change.
Dolly

Postby KimE » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:10 am

Aww Dolly

HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!

Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:19 am

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful animation, thank you so much Kim (teehee)
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:45 am

haha thats so cute lol

happy anniversary dolly!! hope you had a nice night

kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:58 am

Happy Anniversary Dolly....How many years??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:24 am

Thanks so much girls, it's 33 years :shock:

I just got back from the Tony Ferguson official weigh-in and the girls said I'm 93.2kg and the best part is my waist measurement is now into double digit's for the first time in years!!! from 108cm when I started officially 3 weigh-ins back, my waist is now 98cm, Yippee!!!
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:44 pm

Congratulations Dolly, a loss and waist measurements in the double digits! Yippee!!!!

I'm so glad you had a nice meal last night. I haven't tried any of the fish fillets yet, but plan to next week.

My consultant did say that although the book mentions you can have a small amount of alcohol if you can't manage to go without, that they recommend against it cos it obviously slows the weightloss down, so I'm going by what she told me.

Congrats again Dolly, YOU GO GIRL!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:09 pm

thats wonderful dolly :) congrats again on the anniversary and congrats on the weightloss. hows the thyroid going?
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk