It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:07 am

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson - Chat 12

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:25 pm

Hi Kate, I think the iodine in the Tony Ferguson program have a lot to do with switching my metabolism back on and getting my thyroid to function again (I got a small shock when the doc told me a while back that my thyroid is trying to repair itself, and he cut down my dosage from 150mcg to only 100mcg of thyroxine) I'm hoping the combination of vitamins in the shakes will continue to repair my body.
Another girl with hypothyroidism on the Tony Ferguson forum said that they are no longer on their thyroxine medication as they are now cured thanks to the shakes. That would be my dream come true. My eye sight also seems to have improved with the vitamin shakes.
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:34 pm

oh i have my figners crossed for you dolly!! that would be awesome for everything to go back to normal (eyesight, thyroid etc). i read something you wrote awhile back about how you cant go out very much because you have trouble breathing the air irritates you or something along those lines so i hope that all gets better for you too :) *hugs*
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:12 pm

Thanks Kate, yes I have chemical induced pneumonia, if I breathe in someones perfume or tobacco fumes, I risk getting a serious lung infection.
Dolly

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:49 am

Oh Dolly that would be just fantastic for you, if your body can heal itself!!! I will certainly pray that you continue to improve and heal completely!!

I know that this is not the same thing that you have, but my friend had what they call the 21st century disease, where if she went out in public certain smells would make her extremely weak and ill. She wore a special mask that out enabled her to breathe without the worry of inhaling the toxins that made her ill (it looked a bit like a surgical mask, but it filtered out the stuff somehow) Anyway to cut a long story short, I am just wondering whether something like that would help you to be able to go out and about?? I know that my friend was tied to her house as she just couldn't go out and then one day she appeared at church with this mask on and was stoked that she was able to "break out"!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:56 am

Yes your friend has exactly the same thing as I have, it has several different names but they are all MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity) It usually starts after you have been in contact will lots of toxins, the body just suddenly becomes intolerant of them and it can be fatal if you're not careful.
I have been wearing my chemical mask but it doesn't filter the tobacco smoke, it still gets around the mask. I also own a big ugly gas mask to protect me when the shire does burn offs and I wake up with smoke smells in the house. .
Rather than have people point and stare I just stay home and only venture out of the house rarely.

I used to love going to church but had to give it up last year because of the perfume and aftershave and deodorant smells causing my throat to swell and sometimes bleed.
I now just watch religious services on TV.
Last edited by Dolly on Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby KimE » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:09 am

Oh Dolly I didn't realise it was that bad for you. Making your throat bleed that is absolutely horrible and must be an awful feeling not to mention quite scary. :(

It must be a fairly big deal then to just get out of the house so well done when you manage to get out for a walk. And don't bother with a gym because if you think church is smelly you should try the womens change room at the gym. Whew all the different perfumes and deoderants wow it hits you in the face!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:55 am

wow I never thought of the locker room smells at the gym, thanks for reminding me. I definitely won't be joining a gym.

When my immune system is strong and I take vitamin E (it repairs lung tissue) I have braved travelling twice on the bus to go for my TF weigh-in and twice to go to the doctor, the other times DH George has driven me.
Most times my husband does the weekly shopping too because smokers always want hang out in front of the mall doorway.

One time I went walking to lose weight and I walked past a house where a lady was outside chatting with a delivery man, they were both smoking :shock: :shock:
I quickly exhaled and held my breath until I could breathe clean air again and prayed I had made it clear in time, but that night I had a sore throat, the next day I had tonsillitis, 2 days after that it turned to bronchitis and by the time 5 days were up it had turned into pneumonia and had to take 2 courses of antibiotics to get rid of it. After that I was pretty sensitive for the next 3 months again.
I've been building my immune system up because I want to go to this years royal show. If I go by myself I can dodge the smokers better than if I have a companion.
It's so beautiful and sunny outside today, I'm just dying to break free.

I'm doing really well building my immune system up because I want to be able to attend my daughters wedding in January.
Dolly

Postby louise » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:19 pm

wow dolly, that sounds awful! i can't imagine what it must be like for you. i hope things improve for you and your freedom is enhanced. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
louise

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:49 pm

Oh Dolly I am sorry to hear that it is so bad for you. It was good for my friend as when we all found out about it, probably 90% of us stopped wearing strong smelling perfumes and aftershaves to church, so it made it ok for her to come as well.
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:46 pm

I'll be okay, thanks for your concern everyone (you're my online family)
time to change the subject I think.

So anyway how did everyone survive the weekend?
I'm happy to say I did well food wise (probably for the first weekend in ages)
I managed to stick to just having my diet shakes, 2 pieces of fruit and meat with salad.
Dolly

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:05 pm

I survived ok too Dolly. Didn't do too bad at all!! I managed a lot of walking and ate healthy over most of the weekend. I ended up eating a dessert at the BBQ, but didn't finish it all, which I was quite happy with!
The weekend went far too quickly and it was :cry: to see my brother go home after such a short time (how do you make up 7 years in 2 days?)
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:55 pm

Gosh that must've been sad to see your brother go,
when's the next time you'll see him?
I'm glad your mums leg graft turned out okay and that you had fun at the bbq.
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:44 am

sound slike you girls did well on the weekend. you can see my weekend news in my pledge section :) i was pretty happy with it, just this dreaded monthlies makes me worry about my loss this week. im off for a walk this morning though. mick is back at work today :?
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:57 am

Hi Dolly my brother is coming up again at Christmas time!! Can't wait!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Hayley » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:52 am

wow! what a busy weekend!

Still going strong on TF but have refrained form jumping on the scales every day...just back to weigh-in only on Fridays. Otherwise, I get too caught-up in the scales movement every day.

Arrhhh, Italian restaurant for my sister's birthday dinner tonight. I'm just going to have a small meal and hopefully will be able to find something that won't affect my wieghtloss progress to much. No more birthdays for a while then, so won't have to worry about going out and having to behave myself with food.

Have a fantastic day everyone!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk