It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Diet Pills

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Diet Pills

Postby louise » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:53 pm

I have recently (yesterday) started taking metabolism lifter vitamins. (probably out of desperation as I've hit a bit of a wall in terms of weight loss). Just wondering if anyone else takes anything, and if they work or not? I'm also drinking soy protein after working out at the gym, for muscle repair and such.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
louise

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:13 pm

I've tried fat blaster (it cost a bit but I saw no result) but then again I have developed a thyroid gland problem (near no metabolism) so what doesn't work on me may work on somebody else. I'm truly shocked that the Tony Ferguson program is helping me lose weight, each person is different and must choose what works best for them.

Some prescription diet pills have been known to damage the heart permanently.

I personally agree with you about one of your other posts on another thread, that increasing the heart rate with stimulants or exercise over a long period of time will shorten our life.
That's why meditation teaches us to slow the body down to lengthen our life.
I therefore personally prefer to lose weight by consuming less food rather than exercising it off.
Exercise in my opinion should only be used to tone or strengthen the body muscles not to burn up extra food we keep choosing to consume.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby louise » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:26 pm

it is a weird life we live, where people drive everywhere get our food from the supermarket and then go to the gym to work it all off! I've been going to the gym for a month or so now, but working mostly on weights and the bike a bit as I cycle pretty much everywhere I go, so I like to work on strengthing my legs for hills when I come across them, but I'm trying to be more focused on tone, as oppose to weightloss, because I feel its healthier, physically and mentally! I'm trying to take the approach of just being as healthy as I possible can and then weightloss should follow and if it doesn't and I'm eating great and I'm superfit, it probably won't matter about weight so much.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
louise

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:31 pm

That sounds like an excellent plan.
I totally believe in strength training, the muscles will burn the fat without wearing the ol' ticker out.

I once thought of going to the gym and my husband said why don't you just walk there and then walk back, then you can save the money you would've spent at the gym to use their treadmil (he's so right) you're right we humans are weird.
Dolly

Postby SarahC » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:18 am

I agree... the gym is great for increasing fitness and muscle tone. Being fit really makes life a whole lot easier! It is a problem though if you find that you HAVE to go in order to burn off all the extra food. That was what I was doing... pigging out and working out :lol: Certainly does put an extra strain on the body :(

Now when I go to the gym, I'm burning fat, and putting on muscle. Excellent 8)

Soy protien shakes are the way to go after an excercise session. Delicious and great for the poor muscles :D (The one by nature's way contains 88% protein, I have found that to be the most cost effective :wink: ) When I remember, I also take some L-Carnitine before the workout. It's an amino acid that's vital in the fat burning process, so it helps the body to burn fat during excercise. I notice that I get a lot warmer when I take it too...

Re diet pills, I'm taking ThermoSlim Plus at the moment. Sorry but I can't say whether or not it has had any effect. I've taken a just about everything available over the years, and I just don't know!

I also take Chitosan when going out for dinner. It is a marine fibre that binds fat in the digestive tract and stops it from being absorbed into the body, ie, it's a fat blocker. Great when there is no way of avoiding fatty meals! But, not to be used as an excuse to consume extra fat :wink:

I also used to take a hunger suppressant called Agel FIT. I found that to be really effective in reducing hunger, but because I eat emotionally, I found I ate regardless :( Anyway, now I have changed to a low carb/high protien diet (roughly following TF), I have found my hunger, and my appetite, have reduced drastically just by this change in my eating!

Hope that helps!

Oh and I've started taking vitamin B5... my low-cost attempt to reduce excercise and stress related fat retention. I have taken some other cortisol reducing pills/capusles in the past, but they are soooo expensive! Not worth it if you're not sure that it works :?
SarahC

Postby bride2be » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:45 am

if i go to the gym and do full on circut work or weights, i end up looking like a member of the chinese olympic swim team. massive shoulders, thighs and big arms. im a treadmill person for weigh loss, or i bulk up like crazy.
bride2be

Return to Weight loss Talk