It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:08 am

Free Newsletter

What weightloss programme are you doing?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How are you losing weight ??

Tony Ferguson
22%
Weight Watchers
33%
Lite N Easy
No votes
Jenny Craig
No votes
Diet Pills
No votes
personally created
44%

Total votes : 18

What weightloss programme are you doing?

Postby jodie259 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:57 pm

I've recently joined this forum and I've noticed a lot of members are doing the Tony Ferguson programme. I'm doing Weight Watchers. I'm sure there are some just doing it on their own. And other programmes. If you chose 'other' please let us know...

I just thought I would check what everyone is doing. I created a poll... but I'ld love to hear your feedback on your programmes too.
Mum of 2
Shaun born 27/05/06 & Shelli born 26/11/07
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHe6RPO/]
[/url]
jodie259

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:40 am

Hi Jody as I could not find the "other" button I use a program called Weigh Less Naturally (founder: Karen Hobbs) it is based not on a diet, but a lifestyle change wherein no foods are forbidden. You eat within the 5 groups with optional indulgences (250Cal per day).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:13 am

Hi jody

the plan i am on i have made up myself but it pretty much follows the principles of the Tony Ferguson Diet with low carb, lots of salad, couple of pieces of fruit. i have cut out breads and cereals etc. i also make sure i drink 2litres of water a day, and i have cut out junk food altogether. it was a big bread eater before i started losing weight but i found it to make me bloated and not well. i found that if i cut out all junk i felt like i started 'a fresh' with everything. once ig et to my goal i dont mind having a sandwich or a choccy every so often, its just instead of having it all the time i can have it in moderation- everything in moderation. ive gone from drinking about 3cans of coke a day to none.
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:06 am

Hey there jody, I too are on my own plan but follow the points idea of WW. I dont attend meetings. Just going it alone, so far so good. If I find it hard going down the track I may join officially :D

Healthy eating and exercise for me 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:13 am

Hi Jodie

I started on lite n easy and lost 18kgs now I am doing it alone and have used Tom Venuto's burn the fat feed the muscle book as a guide on how to plan my food which is really healthy, sensible eating and exercise.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby chubbybubby » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:28 am

I lost most of my weight on my own, through healthy eating, and then weightwatchers, which I stopped doing, fell off the wagon a bit, and was having trouble staying on track, so now I have rejoined and I am doing weight watchers no count program which I adore, its simple, and easy to stick to.... hopefully I will have a good loss, Thursday will be my first official weigh in since rejoining, so we'll see! xx
chubbybubby

Postby jodie259 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:50 am

Good on you chubbybubby! I love the 'no count' programme too! It's so easy. I lost 2.2kg in my first week, and I wasn't trying and I certainly wasn't hungry!

KimE... well done on losing 18kg! I've tried Lite n Easy and I think it's terrific... but I would miss a meal here & there, and end up with a stack of stuff in my fridge! Also, I hate capsicum, corn and various other things... which always seem to be in frozen meals. I spend hours picking out bits of red & green peppers!!!

Slimmindown... I love your signature comment... so true!! I might borrow that and put it on my fridge... if I can find space amongst the magnets :D

Kate... your plan sounds like a good lifestyle plan. One that's not too restricted - yet gets results. You're doing well... half way to your goal. Keep up the good work.

Ally... I saw something about "weigh less naturally" (maybe here, or a magazine?). I should check it out. Sorry about the "other" button. I did create one... but maybe I had too many options already?
Mum of 2
Shaun born 27/05/06 & Shelli born 26/11/07
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHe6RPO/]
[/url]
jodie259

Postby corolla_chick » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:10 pm

im doing it myself at home, trying to eat healthy and exercise more. i have a few friends who are tryin to loose weight with me. we encourage each other and exercise together :)
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby kristina » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:57 pm

with my personal trainer their is a diet plan so i try to follow that
kristina

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:53 pm

Hi Jodie, unfortunately Karen has closed her business due to personal and health problems. I am still in contact with her (as we became friends through her program) if you are interested I can find out if she still has the books for you.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby carlton » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:31 am

I've recently gone back to doing weight watchers but the last few weeks I've not been as focused as I should have been.

Back on track this week.
carlton

Return to Weight loss Talk