It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:13 am

Free Newsletter

I wanted to go swimming

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I wanted to go swimming

Postby Fireball » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:03 pm

I am so annoyed. I have lost stacks of weight this year and went to buy a pair of bathers. None fit me in 4 stores that cater for large sizes - the bust is always too small. I had that problem before but thought it would be ok now. :cry:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Re: I wanted to go swimming

Postby tiddliewinkz » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:18 pm

awww you'll find something. Togs are so hard to buy, especially if you have decent boobs. Maybe try a two peice so that you can mix and match sizes? Or just squish them as much as you can... dont be disheartened, so many girls would kill to have a decent set of boobs... its an asset!!
tiddliewinkz

Postby Carley » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby lng86 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:40 am

I've sent you a private message!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Fireball » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Thanks for your posts.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:18 am

In case anyone else is experiencing the bathers dilemma - I havent found any that fit me properly. So I bought a pair of bathers that basically cover me although they are gappy, I'm overexposed in variou places and look appalling. Then I bought a piece of pretty, slightly stretchy net material about 1 metre wide. I use it as a wrap to tie off at the front above the bust. No-one seems to have noticed so I am happy. Dilemma solved until I can fit.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Shalimar » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:52 am

Its great that you solved the problem.
We have been hitting the beach a lot the last couple of weeks and I thought I would really enjoy it like when I was a kid but I'm not. Junior has a ball though.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Lucid87 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:33 pm

I have the opposite problems, my boobs are so disproportionate to my lower half so it's very difficult for me to buy dresses let alone bathers, i've come to the conclusion when i lose all my excess weight ill either need a boob job or to take all my clothes in because its such a pain! :evil:
Lucid87

Postby Daisybeck » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:15 am

Because I've had two huge weight gains in my life I developed stretch marks on my boobs and now they droop quite severly even when I'm not overweight. Plus I'm naturally big busted which makes the problem even worse. My problem with bathers is the lack of 'lift' in the bust area. I can't wear anything but a really supportive underwire bra. Underwire bathers, in my experience, tend to be completely useless as the cups are either far too small and the fabric is always too flimsy or stretchy, and so the support and lift just isn't there. I have this dream of designing a range of swimwear that has something like a 'real' underwire bra sewn into it somehow in a full range of cup sizes. I have stretch marks in a lot of places and so I tend to make do with long shorts and a singlet if I jump into the water at the beach.
Daisybeck

Postby Lucid87 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:20 pm

Danichi (sp) in subiaco has quite a wide range, very expensive, also city chic has a little range
Lucid87

Postby Karnak » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:40 pm

www.vivaswim.com

this is a wa based place that does larger sizes - i used them when I was at my biggest (26+) and they were great
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby lynz1981 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi there, i completely know how you feel..i am a size 14G and i struggle to fit into anything - i have to buy bra's online from bellaforma.com.au - i would love to be able to walk into a normal store and buy a bra. swimwear is just humiliating to buy, all those surfy stores and kmart etc only cater for people with small boobs - i really hate it when people say they are an asset, they are a pain in the a$%&. I would have a reduction in a second. I hope by losing weight that i can eventually drop a couple of cup sizes..... my hubby like them tough lol :oops:
Starting Weight 112 KG 01.11.09
Weigh In 110.1 KG 06.12.09
Weight In 107.1 KG 13.12.09
lynz1981

Return to Weight loss Talk