It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:03 pm

Free Newsletter

I probably have PCOS - any advice?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I probably have PCOS - any advice?

Postby Shay » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Hello!

I had an appt with my obgyn yesterday because i recently had a cystectomy. During the surgery, they found that i had polycystic ovaries. To have PCOS, you need both the polycystic ovaries plus hormonal symptoms.

During the consult, he asked me a bunch of questions, and i was positive to almost all of them, including some symptoms i have that have baffled doctors before him (things like my high cholesterol even though i dont eat unhealthy foods and exercise regularly, and my difficulty losing weight etc). So now i have to do a few blood tests for my hormones and glucose tolerance.

Just wondering if any ladies here have PCOS and any advice they could give me in terms of managing it? Also, were you still able to lose weight, and if so, how? I shall bug with more questions soon :D
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Re: I probably have PCOS - any advice?

Postby Shay » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:54 pm

naaaawww :(
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby wannabeslim » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:59 pm

oh im so sorry that nobody has replied. you may need to find a different forum for this kind of thing.
or people may just be lazy!
it must be frustrating exercising and eating well and not being able to loose weight.
at least you must be in a good healthy routine!
i hope you find someone who truely understands your position.
chin up xx
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby Carley » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Shay wrote:Hello!

I had an appt with my obgyn yesterday because i recently had a cystectomy. During the surgery, they found that i had polycystic ovaries. To have PCOS, you need both the polycystic ovaries plus hormonal symptoms.

During the consult, he asked me a bunch of questions, and i was positive to almost all of them, including some symptoms i have that have baffled doctors before him (things like my high cholesterol even though i dont eat unhealthy foods and exercise regularly, and my difficulty losing weight etc). So now i have to do a few blood tests for my hormones and glucose tolerance.

Just wondering if any ladies here have PCOS and any advice they could give me in terms of managing it? Also, were you still able to lose weight, and if so, how? I shall bug with more questions soon :D

My friend has PCOS and she is on a low GI diet and completely swears by it. She found limiting carbs helped a great deal too.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby jewel31 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:33 pm

I know there were some girls on here a couple of years ago that had PCOS but not sure if they are still on here. I don't have it myself, I've heard of people with PCOS going on medication to regulate blood glucose levels and that helping with metabolism. Although I do have many of the symptoms I've read about and a psychic once told me I had it (it was strange) but I'm too scared to get tested so maybe I do...
jewel31

Postby jewel31 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Hey Shay

Why don't you do a search for PCOS on this forum, I just did and found loads of posts, e.g.

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13803&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=PCOS

Cheers
Jewel
jewel31

Return to Weight loss Talk