It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:52 am

Free Newsletter

i need to get yelled at!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

i need to get yelled at!!!

Postby sarahm » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:51 am

hi-would someone here kindly do me a favour and Yell at me to stop my self destructive behaviour! i have recently fallen into the emotional eating/ bingeing cycle again and the damage at the moment is about 2kgs but i know it will get worse if i dont just SNAP OUT OF IT! and soooon. so so angry at myself-spent the best part of last year re-learning all good things about nutrition , and can see how far i actually still have to go. PLEASE remind me how hard it was to shed 30kgs! i am so scared of relapsing....HELP!!!
sarahm

Re: i need to get yelled at!!!

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:06 pm

when in doubt find some fat pics and write down why u hated being that size then think of what u can now do that your 30kgs lighter, believe in yourself : )
soon2bayummymummy

Postby HappyGirl83 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:53 pm

I would maybe suggest looking at what makes you want to binge eat and tackle those issues. Or if it is stress binging explore other ways to deal with the stress in your life that don't involve eating/drinking. I found dealing with my emotional/stress issues has helped me ton fold. It's not easy and can be uncomfortable to face these things but in the end worth it.

You can do this...you have minus 30kg to prove you can!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Carley » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:28 pm

sarahm wrote:hi-would someone here kindly do me a favour and Yell at me to stop my self destructive behaviour! i have recently fallen into the emotional eating/ bingeing cycle again and the damage at the moment is about 2kgs but i know it will get worse if i dont just SNAP OUT OF IT! and soooon. so so angry at myself-spent the best part of last year re-learning all good things about nutrition , and can see how far i actually still have to go. PLEASE remind me how hard it was to shed 30kgs! i am so scared of relapsing....HELP!!!

I wont yell at you, but like others said you need to find the reason for bingeing otherwise you will never stop.

Emotional?
Are you hungry?
Do you see food as bad or good?
What do you binge on?

There's so many questions to ask hun.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby Sussy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:20 am

I read something in the paper yesterday that i'm going to try myself.....more of a psychological deterrent than anything. It said that when you are looking at junk food and thinking "I love this food, it tastes so good, it makes me happy and i really, really want to eat it." Try instead of reversing the thought pattern and look at it and think "This food makes me feel bloated, unhealthy, disgusting, guilty and will NOT make me happy".

Don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try i guess.....couldn't do any harm.

Goodluck to you and me. :D
Sussy

Postby sarahm » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:22 am

thankyou for your support ! will keep at it...figuring it all out! :)
sarahm

Postby fi_112 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Something that works for me is asking myself if I am truly, physically hungry before I eat. One way of doing this is asking yourself if you want a carrot. If you're really hungry, you'll want anything. If you're not, a carrot won't appeal. Good luck xxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Daisybeck » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:18 am

sarahm wrote:hi-would someone here kindly do me a favour and Yell at me to stop my self destructive behaviour! i have recently fallen into the emotional eating/ bingeing cycle again and the damage at the moment is about 2kgs but i know it will get worse if i dont just SNAP OUT OF IT! and soooon. so so angry at myself-spent the best part of last year re-learning all good things about nutrition , and can see how far i actually still have to go. PLEASE remind me how hard it was to shed 30kgs! i am so scared of relapsing....HELP!!!

Me too! Let's yell at each other.

Hey Sarah...

RARARARARARARRAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! :) :P
Daisybeck

Return to Weight loss Talk