It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Free Newsletter

Do you ever just get sick of losing weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you ever just get sick of losing weight?

Postby John » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:31 pm

I've had weight problems for so long, it's been in my life for so long I almost feel as if it's a part of me now. How am I going to cope when I reach goal? :?

I'm not about to stop losing, in case anyone is wondering, and I honestly believe I've found a reliable motivation system (I've been losing weight for 4 1/2 months now - which is the longest continuous loss in the last 9 years). The issue is that it fills up my consciousness in a large way, it costs more (protein is expensive), every day is a routine that has to be done. All I can say is thank goodness that I'm not doing exercise! According to my calculations I have about 220 days until I reach goal, and I'll be heading off on an overseas holiday to celebrate. But I think that the biggest change (apart from being slim) is that I won't have to constantly think about food in such a controlling way. I won't have to have lots of whey powder that I'm not crazy about (I have it because it's really simple), I won't have to constantly decide whether to eat such simple things as an apple/a small bar of chocolate and I won't look in the mirror and know that I am carrying around a huge amount of mass that I really shouldn't be carrying.

I guess I'm just having a moan. Do you ever get sick of the constant controlling? Do you look forward to a simpler life?
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg
John

Re: Do you ever just get sick of losing weight?

Postby tiddliewinkz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:01 am

I think we all feel that way sometimes, but then I look back at how much I used to hate myself after a binge session. Losing all this weight though is supposed to be a lifestyle change, so your eating will need to be controlled forever... I've gotten to my goal weight before then thought YES! Now I don't have to be as controlled and before I knew it I was heavier than when I started. If you're not enjoying what you're eating now, why not make sure its something that you do like? At least then you'll be able to stick with it. I know that I have issues with food and I know that it will always be in the back of my head and constantly controlled... so no, I'm not looking forwarder to a simpler life - I had that when I would eat whatever I wanted and not cared... I'm looking forward to a healthier mental and physical (and controlled) life
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wydYwIn/]
[/url]

1st goal... 65kg by the end of June 2010
2nd goal... 60kg by the end of August 2010
3rd goal... 55kg by the end of October 2010
Final goal... maintain it FOR EVER!!!
tiddliewinkz

Postby Shay » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:15 am

You need to go about it in a way that isnt controlling. I make it a part of my lifestyle, which includes making sacrifices and making commitments that i can stick to for life. Instead of measuring and weighing portions of everything and not/eating certain foods, i do things i know i'll be more likely to stick to without it consuming me. For example, i cant give up choccies forever, so i switched to dark chocolate. And you know what, it tastes better and i can stop after a couple. Plus i had milk recently and it tastes aweful now ;)

Lol sorry i rambled on about nothing there :lol:
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby Czarina » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:40 am

John, why are you not exercising? Weight loss is not just about looking good on the outside, but being healthy on the inside, and exercise is essential for that. Even just walking will do you the world of good!

I know the whole weight loss thing can become a bit consuming, but it has to be done. There are times when I have felt overwhelmed, but when you some results on the scales and feel great, it is all worth it. It's all about lifestyle change and not diet, it's a case of just do it. :D
Czarina

Postby Lucid87 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:31 pm

I have found with some people once they lose that weight that wasn't meant to be there, their metabolism changes to the point where they can be less controlled but other people have to watch what they eat and be much healthier the rest of their lives, sort of like how different people deal with quitting smoking. Either way exercise will help, both for your metabolism and to prevent other illnesses.

I agree with finding things you enjoy otherwise it will feel like one long short term goal

good luck
Lucid87

Return to Weight loss Talk