It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Acai Berry

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Acai Berry

Postby laura17 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 am

Hi guys,

I just want to know if anyone has tried acai berry supplements?? It is allegedly a 'wonder fruit' that helps increase metabolism etc. I've seen alot of info and advertisements for it but I'm pretty sceptical about the whole thing. If anyone has tried it or know someone that has tried it, can you let me know if/how it works please?

Thanks guys :D
[/url]
laura17

Re: Acai Berry

Postby laura17 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:54 am

Ok, since no one has tried this, I thought I would guinea pig myself and try it. I have been on and off this forum for quite awhile now. The main reason is that after following a clean eating and exercise regime, I only lost 5kgs in a four month period. Everything I tried and did simply wasn't working. I was seeing a nutritionist and had personal training sessions 3 times a week but nothing was working. My goal was to get into the police force, but since I wasn't decreasing my body fat ratio, I wasn't accepted. Recently I went back to my doctor and had some tests done. He suggested acai berry supplement or a thermogenic supplement, which is why i have been asking if anyone has tried it. If this doesn't work then I will have to go to the thermogenics (which have some interesting side affects like migrains which I already suffer from). Acai berry assists in boosting the metabolism. I'm still researching this but have started on the tablets. I'll keep you updated. Starting weight is 79kgs.
[/url]
laura17

Re: Acai Berry

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:03 am

Sorry there was no reponse to your post, Laura. I read it but since I've never tried acai berries I figured I didn't have anything to respond with! I hope they work for you and I look forward to hearing your next update.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get into the police force. Can you try again next year?

I know it can be disheartening that you didn't lose as much weight as you'd wanted to, but I'd argue that what you were trying was working. You lost 5kg after all, and that's not easy! The latest advice I'd heard is that you should lose between 0.5 and 1kg per month, not per week as was previously suggested. So I think by that measure losing 5kg is a good achievement. I understand why you're frustrated. So many people seem to be able to drop a kilo per week like clockwork, but unfortunately some people just lose weight slower than others. I'm one of them so I know what it's like! I think for people like us perseverence is the key.

Good luck and I hope the acai berries work out for you.
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Weight loss Talk