It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Long time no see

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Long time no see

Postby Etch » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:20 am

Hello everyone. I use to frequent these forums about a year ago towards the end of my weight loss journey. I went from 183kg down to about 115kg while i used this forum. My goal weight is around the 100kg mark. Over the past year or so i have let myself go and gotten out of my eating/ workout routines. Currently i am sitting at about 122kg. I really want to shake this weight as quickly and efficently as possible, which as we all know isn't easy and takes time. ATM im haveing trouble getting back into a healthy eating/excercise pattern. I have fallen into the trap where i can go reallly well for 2-3 days before i cave and eat/ drink more then i know i should. Does anyone have any advice on how to kick start a program. Not a quick fix but things that helped you guys get started and keep going. And help would be great, thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsmzwGz/]
[/url]

For want of a nail, the horse was not shoed.
For want of a horse, the message was not delivered.
Because the message was not delivered, the war was lost.
Etch

Re: Long time no see

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:12 am

Welcome back, Etch!

My advice would be to make small changes gradually. If you're finding that you can't stick to a strict routine for more than a few days how will you stick to it for the rest of your life? When people 'fall off the wagon' it's usually because they've changed too much too soon in their lifestyle and every instinct in their body is telling them to go back to their old habits. And go back to their old habits is what they do.

One solution: pick one thing to change this week and stick to it. Don't worry about the rest of the stuff you need to change, that can be dealt with in weeks to come! Even if it's something as simple as 30 minutes of exercise, even just walking, per day. Or drinking more water. Or having salad with your dinner every night. The simpler the better because it will be easier to stick to and it will give you confidence to make more gradual changes.

There's a temptation to want results straight away, so many of us tend to fall into an all-or-nothing approach to weight loss plans. The thing is, the slower you lose the weight the more likely you are to keep it off. So accumulated small changes can be better at keeping the weight off in the long run rather than aiming for changing everything at once to lose the weight as quickly as possible.

It might be tempting to suddenly cut out all processed carbs, go to the gym for an hour a day and eliminate all treats because you see other people here who have done so successfully. There are two things to remember: first, successful weight-losers here have been losing weight for a long time. They probably started with only one or two changes and slowly they've built up to the incredibly healthy lifestyle you're reading about in their weight loss journals now. They didn't do it all at once! Second, you're you - they're them. Trying to copy their weight loss methods may not work for you because you're a completely different person! They may hate chocolate, love running, and enjoy getting up early for exercise. You may love chocolate, hate running, and prefer gentler exercise in the evening. The trick is to find out what works for you so that you can be a first rate YOU, not a second rate someone-else!

Good luck, Etch!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Etch » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:07 am

Hey hey wombat. Finally someone i remember from this forum. Thanks for the advice, gonna give it a crack. Problem is at the moment im also trying to quit smoking. and as anyone knows who has tried to quit smoking, you want to eat more.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsmzwGz/]
[/url]

For want of a nail, the horse was not shoed.
For want of a horse, the message was not delivered.
Because the message was not delivered, the war was lost.
Etch

Postby Czarina » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:00 am

www.calorieking.com.au is what has helped my change my lifestyle and lose the weight. You don't have to deprive yourself, so it's a lot easier not to slip back into old habits. It's all about balance, not an all or nothing approach.
Czarina

Return to Weight loss Talk