It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:57 am

Free Newsletter

weight loss pills

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

weight loss pills

Postby fitandhealthy2010 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi All,

I am thinking of using this weight loss pill called Meta-Burn. The one made in Australia. I know that diet pills are not the most healthy of things to do. But I have been slogging it at the gym and eating healthy for months and my weight stays the same. Suggestions?

Re: weight loss pills

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Most people here will recommend avoiding diet pills. Nutrition and exercise are the best ways to keep the weight off long term. However, if you are really keen to use pills talk to your GP. From your introduction elsewhere on the forum it appears that you are only a few kilos off goal weight. I don't think many health professionals would recommend using weight loss drugs at this stage of your weight loss journey, but only a medical professional will be able to tell you whether it's safe for you to take pills, and if so what pills you should be taking.

It's likely you've hit a weight loss plateau. SparkPeople have an excellent series of articles about how you can tackle plateaus. I highly recommend reading them! (LINK)

To summarise:
* Check you're not accidentally eating too much. More calories may have crept into your diet slowly over time. Keep a food diary. Calorie King is a great resource where you can sign up for a free profile, find out how many calories you should be consuming each day and compare that to how many you are really consuming each day.

* Check you're not accidentally eating too little. Dropping below 1200 calories per day can put your body into starvation mode where it desperately tries to cling on to fat to stop you from starving to death. Check what you're eating and that you're not overestimating your calorie intake.

* If you've been doing the same exercise for months consider changing to something new. The body is very adaptable and learns how to do exercise as efficiently as possible so you burn fewer calories over time. Changing to a new exercise can shock your body into starting to lose weight again.

* Shake up your diet. If you've been eating the same thing constantly consider changing for a bit. Maybe swap steamed veggies for salads. Try low carb for a week. Cut out bread. Just do something to take your body out of its comfort zone.

Good luck, FitAndHealthy2010!

I love how positive your username is. It's definitely sending your subconscious the right message. Good on you for thinking positively!

Postby fitandhealthy2010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Was very motivating. And you have convinced me not to go down the path of the pills. It is I know not the healthy way to do it and because I don't have that much weight left to go probably wouldn't do that much anyway.

I think that your suggestions are exactly what I need. Changing the exercise and the eating. I am eating healthy and exercising but you are right my body is most likley used to the exercise and food because I have been eating the same for month.

Will cut out bread and starchy, white carbs this week.

And start keeping a food diary, I think that will help a lot.

Thank you for the motivation!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:20 am

No worries at all! Let us know how you get on. :D

Postby Kathy28 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 am

I don't like to use pills ... I've tried it two times and for me it's nothing.

1. In my opinion when you use pills, you have to use them all the time you want to loose weight.
2. The 2 I tried, both had neven effects for me and made me feel not good.

It has to be in your mind and you have to give offers.

You can't loose weight with continue eating everything you like and loose the weight by eating pills in my opinion.

It's a combination of food, moving your body and what's in you mind.

Like Jillian Michaels said: self, science, and sweat

Read some more about it at: ... n-michaels

Postby lynz1981 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi, i say goodluck with it, if they can give you a kick start and get motivation then i say go for it...i have tried a couple of pills but i end up feeling nauseous and get headaches from the ones i have had - reductil and duromine. Make sure to keep us informed on how you go :D
Starting Weight 112 KG 01.11.09
Weigh In 110.1 KG 06.12.09
Weight In 107.1 KG 13.12.09

Postby fitandhealthy2010 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi All,

Thank you for your responses this week I took all of EvilWombatQueen advise and it really did work! I lost a kilo and I think that was mostly due to changing the exercise and foods that I was eating so thank you! I cut out most carbs and started doing body attack classes at the gym (haven't done these for a very long time!) think that did the trick.

I did buuy some Blackmores weight loss accelerate however only started taking them on Friday and they are all caffine free think they are good to give the extra boost and blackmores is a trusted brand it is not like the gym junkie stuff you get from supplement stores in my opinion.

Thanks everyone.

Postby Weight loss for life » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:47 am

I agree that weight loss pills aren't a sustainable, healthy way to lose weight.

About a year ago I weighed myself and realised I'd put on a lot of weight (15kgs) over the past few years without really realising it was that much as I'd been avoiding scales. I decided I had to do something. Whilst the first few kgs were easy to lose, I hit a plateu very quickly. I tried low carb eating, detoxes, bootcamp, intense exercise - you name it - for 6 months but nothing was really helping me drop those last 12 kgs.

A girl at my gym was a nutritionist and gave me an easy-to-follow plan that really worked and over 3 months I lost 10 kgs and kept it off for months. I took a break from the program for a few months over xmas and whilst on a holiday but still managed to maintain the 10kgs I'd lost. I am now about to start on focusing on those last couple to get to my goal weight, but am also very happy with my health and where I am now. =) I've also worked with my mum and a few friends to help them lose weight and all of them have had great results.

If you are still looking to reach your weight loss goals, let me know because I'd be happy to chat more to you about what will definitely work to both save you money and enhance your health. *edited to remove spam*

Take care!

Weight loss for life

Postby Booomi » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:48 pm

I 100 agree with you

Postby claudiajenfer1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Weight loss pills combine a variety of methods ranging from weight loss to suppress appetite, carbohydrate and fat blockers in the prevention of fat burning and metabolism increasing. Although each has its weight loss properties when they go to work in the body, you must also be alert about their side effects.
Last edited by Butterfly_Dawn on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link in signature removed

Postby clampettbobby » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Choosing the right weight loss pill is important. While go for weight loss pill, price,authentications,reviews, way of action , side effects should be considered.Pills like [product name removed] burns fat naturally and similar other pills which are natural or herbal may be safe to use.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to sign up purely to promote a product or service.

Postby beverlyann » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:05 am

Weight loss pills are not magic, so do not let anyone or any website you say or convince you. They are generally recommended for people who are medically overweight people whose weight is causing serious health problems. In some cases of morbid obesity, weight loss pills are needed to stimulate weight loss and reduce the risk of serious medical conditions.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to use your signature for advertising.

Return to Weight loss Talk