It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Eating before you weigh

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Eating before you weigh

Postby chubbybubby » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:15 pm

Hey ppl! :lol:
Tonight is my first Weight Watchers weigh in, :? Im not expecting anything too fantastic (still TTOM) but I think I would be happy with about .5 Anyway, just wondering, Dolly and others that get weighed do you stip eating at a certain time, or not drink as much liquids or anything? A friend of mine goes to WW (not my meeting) and drinks no fluid, eats only a small breakfast, so no lunch or snacks or dinner, and is absolutely starving by the time she gets weighed, just to see a loss.... I think I will probably eat as normal, still drink water, and stop everything at about 3.30 (weigh in is at 7) Do you think this is ok? I just dont want to be too extreme about it, I know that whatever the scales say will be a reflection of what I have done throughout the week, not just today, but.. do u think this will be ok? xx
chubbybubby

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:04 pm

I'd just monitor what you do eat on your weigh-in day (write it down) so you can mimic the exact same thing the next weigh-in day, this way you're not making it difficult for yourself getting dizzy spells and dying to eat, take a can of diet soda and a straw into the class for after your weigh-in as a little reward.

Some people start diets weighing themselves whilst wearing heavy clothes and drinking lots,
the next week they wear lighter shoes and perhaps don't even eat so the scales will look favourable.
The following week the clothes get lighter as they battle to show a loss.
The next week the only way for them to show a loss is to actually stick to the eating program 100% and do daily exercise.
This sounds like too much hard work so many of them leave.

Write down your breakfast cereal, your 4 drinks and your tuna and salad sandwich or whatever and just keep it the same each week and you'll know for sure if the diet is working for you.
This way you're also not making it harder on yourself to show a loss the following week. You definitly do not want to go into class dizzy with hunger and thirst each week like your friend.

We're looking forward to hearing if you had a loss.
hugs
Dolly

Postby carlton » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:59 am

I weigh in on Wednesday nights and will have a normal breakfast, lunch and drink normally during the day. I do however stop eating and drinking water at 3p.m. so I have an empty stomach when I weigh in.

It probably doesn't make much of a difference anyway.
carlton

Postby louise » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:51 pm

i find i can weigh up to 2kg more at night, than i do in the morning. if i weigh myself just before bed and then again when i get up that gain is gone. I try to only weigh in the morning, because my weight fluctuates during the day so much and in the morning, i guess i've had a night to digest everything and be at rest. but yeah, i guess its about keeping it consistent when you weigh yourself (esp. if your like me) so you don't think you have a big loss or gain, when its really due to natural fluctuations.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
louise

Postby louise » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:55 pm

i find i can weigh up to 2kg more at night, than i do in the morning. if i weigh myself just before bed and then again when i get up that gain is gone. I try to only weigh in the morning, because my weight fluctuates during the day so much and in the morning, i guess i've had a night to digest everything and be at rest. but yeah, i guess its about keeping it consistent when you weigh yourself (esp. if your like me) so you don't think you have a big loss or gain, when its really due to natural fluctuations.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
louise

Postby Rosered » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:15 pm

I used to weigh in 7pm at night. I used to wear the same clothes and shoes. I ate breakfast, snack, lunch then a snack around 3-4 but nothing after. If you do the same each week everything should be fine. Have a terrific weigh in. :D
SW:121.3KG
CW:101.4KG
GW:76KG
Rosered

Postby Rosered » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:16 pm

And then I look at the date when this was first posted lol.
SW:121.3KG
CW:101.4KG
GW:76KG
Rosered

Postby chubbybubby » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:55 am

Lol thats ok Ill keep it in mind for weigh in this thursday :lol: xx
chubbybubby

Return to Weight loss Talk